Why is LHW and HW so shallow?

Fedor was in fact knocked out cold by a MW.
Fedor was way past his prime
Notice that in the history of openweight tournaments in MMA, a heavyweight has never won one, it's always been guys who are small
People would be surprised by how many elite LWs today would wreck shop in an open weight tournament
Lol what? The only two Openweight tournaments that were held by PRIDE (premier organisation at one point) were won by Coleman and Cro Cop

And no, every LW would get destroyed by HWs. That's silly

How many athletic fit 220+ pounders do you know? and then compare that to how many athletic fit 170 pounders you know? On top of that many athletes find sport where you don't get hit in the face and still make more money.

You never try to be logical. So I doubt this is a start for you.

Every one knows your reputation

But if you are genuine then let's discuss

Size of talent pools is your answer to this thread

And it's the answer to why the lower weight classes are so superior

As for goat lists in boxing. It has nothing to do with p4p. It's about career accomplishments and legacy. It just shows how superior and more stacked the lower weight classes are when its all lower weight class fighters who are all the most accomplished with the greatest legacies

As for your HW=best fighter non sense

The HW champs have always been guys who were small for HW. Size is irrelvant

The best fighters are lower weight class fighters

Notice that in the history of openweight tournaments in MMA, a heavyweight has never won one, it's always been guys who are small

People would be surprised by how many elite LWs today would wreck shop in an open weight tournament

Whittaker beat Romero yet was KOd by Wonderboy

Lower weight class fighters are the superior talents
If lower weight classes are superior talents why did Conor panic wrestle vs someone who was tree times the size of him?

Everyone is killing themselves, cutting huge amounts of weight to avoid the big guys. Guys that used to be HWs Are now LHWs or mws.

they lack a lot of fighters from outside the organization. just imagine how good the divisions were during PRIDE days.

It was pure shit. Every other fight was a freak fight and most of the fighters knew only one disipline. Like Nog for example.

I've been thinking about this and some people say it's because there aren't enough people that are big enough to fight in those divisions.

But the HW division in boxing in the 70s and 90s (no weight limit as well) were considered to be some of the deepest divisions in boxing history. There were plenty of skilled big guys there, but how come MMA's LHW/HW divisions are full of 35+ year olds?

Boxing was WAY more popular back then, then mma is right now. The more popular, the deeper the talent pool

Boxing has been around since forever, also you could be champ in boxing without fighting the other best guys, like Joshua and Wilder, in the UFC (or MMA) they end up facing each other sooner than later.

Maybe now. Not in the 70s

I've been thinking about this and some people say it's because there aren't enough people that are big enough to fight in those divisions.

But the HW division in boxing in the 70s and 90s (no weight limit as well) were considered to be some of the deepest divisions in boxing history. There were plenty of skilled big guys there, but how come MMA's LHW/HW divisions are full of 35+ year olds?
Fighter pay I would imagine.

This clown woke up today and thought: "I'll start as many controversial threads on Sherdog I can because I have nothing better to do".

neah, it was the golden age of mma.
It may have been the funnest to watch, but you would be delusional to say it was the highest skill level. Actually, maybe at HW. HW is shit now

Fedor was way past his prime

Lol what? The only two Openweight tournaments that were held by PRIDE (premier organisation at one point) were won by Coleman and Cro Cop

And no, every LW would get destroyed by HWs. That's silly

1. Irrelvant. Fedor was knocked out cold by a MW.

Hendo a MW who has been schooled by many smaller fighters like Jake Shields and Misaki, HOLDS WINS over the 2 GOATS in Fedor and Nog.

Let that sink in

Factually the best fighters are not HWs.

It truly refutes the non sense that HWs would destroy everyone

Fighting has never been about "bu size or bu athleticism"

Fighting is all about skill and intelligence period

Most HWs will lose to smaller men in their careers. The "best HWs" were all the smaller HWs lmao

2. PRIDE's "openweight" tournaments were never truly "open weight." Most of the times it was just MWs and up.

PRIDE didn't even have any kind of developed LW or WW divisions

Seriously go check who the actual competitors were in the heavier weight GPs that Cro Cop and Coleman won

Coleman beat no one. Cro Cop beat Wanderlie and Josh Barnett.

Also, I like how you even ignore the fact that Cro Cop, A SMALL HW who couldve been a MW in today's climate, won

That beats your theory. Cro Cop beat another larger HW to win. BOOM!

In the early days of UFC when we were having actual LEGIT OPEN weight tournes with all WEIGHTS available to compete, guess who won most of them. A 165lb man. BOOM!

Last edited:
1. Irrelvant. Fedor was knocked out cold by a MW.

Hendo a MW who has been schooled by many smaller fighters like Jake Shields and Misaki, HOLDS WINS over the 2 GOATS in Fedor and Nog.

Let that sink in

Factually the best fighters are not HWs.

It truly refutes your non sense that HWs would destroy everyone

Fighting has never been about "bu size or bu athleticism"

Fighting is all about skill and intelligence period

Most HWs will lose to smaller men in their careers. The "best HWs" were all the smaller HWs lmao

2. Now I know you are a troll who just barely started watching MMA

PRIDE's "openweight" tournaments only went from 183 and up.

PRIDE didn't even have a LW or WW division you numbnuts

And why dont you go check who the actual competitors were in the heavier weight GPs that Cro Cop and Coleman won

Coleman beat no one. Cro Cop beat Wanderlie and Josh Barnett.

Also, I like how you even ignore the fact that Cro Cop, A SMALL HW who couldve been a MW in today's climate, won

That beats your theory. Cro Cop beat another larger HW to win. BOOM!

In the early days of UFC when we were having actual LEGIT OPEN weight tournes with all WEIGHTS available to compete, guess who won most of them. A 165lb man. BOOM!

does anyone take you seriously at all?
<36>

PRIDE's "openweight" tournaments only went from 183 and up.

PRIDE didn't even have a LW or WW division you numbnuts
Wrong and wrong. PRIDE openweight tournament had no minimum weight

Lol PRIDE didn't have a LW division? Lmao you are truly clueless
You started watching MMA last year hahahaha....how did u not know PRIDE had a LW division lol??? <45>

If lower weight classes are superior talents why did Conor panic wrestle vs someone who was tree times the size of him?
UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

: )

Also here's more proof of how superior the lower weight classes are

Anderson a natural LHW was schooled by Bisping
3ornkb8JBVY4WnccNy.gif

While Gsp the WW schooled Bisping
GSP-Drops-Michael-Bisping-GIF.gif

Lower weight class fighters are simply superior

There's a reason why in boxing, the majority of the top 10 GOATS are all under 160 with most being 147 and under

Only in MMA do clueless "MMA fans" put the spotlight on uncoordinated sloppy LHWs/HWs

I guarantee you people would be shocked with how many elite LWs could go and wreck shop in an open weight toruney

LW is the perfect sweet spot of skill/intelligence, balance size/power etc

1. Many more professional sports options.
2A. Large (Tall/Big Frame) people are rare.
2B. USADA/Anti-Doping - Lean/Heavy people are rare without PEDs
3. Extreme Weight Cutting - HW to LHW, HW/LHW to MW

You never try to be logical. So I doubt this is a start for you.

Every one knows your reputation

But if you are genuine then let's discuss

Size of talent pools is your answer to this thread

And it's the answer to why the lower weight classes are so superior

As for goat lists in boxing. It has nothing to do with p4p. It's about career accomplishments and legacy. It just shows how superior and more stacked the lower weight classes are when its nothing but lower weight class fighters who are all of the most accomplished fighters with the greatest legacies etc

As for your HW=best fighters non sense

The HW champs have always been guys who were small for HW. Size is irrelvant

The best fighters are lower weight class fighters

Notice that in the history of openweight tournaments in MMA, a LHW/HW has never won one, it's always been guys who are small

Whittaker beat Romero yet was KOd by Wonderboy

Lower weight class fighters are the superior talents
Andrei Arlovski could force McGregor to do whatever he wants

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

: )

Also here's more proof of how superior the lower weight classes are

Anderson a natural LHW was schooled by Bisping
3ornkb8JBVY4WnccNy.gif

While Gsp the WW schooled Bisping
GSP-Drops-Michael-Bisping-GIF.gif

Lower weight class fighters are simply superior

There's a reason why in boxing, the majority of the top 10 GOATS are all under 160 with most being 147 and under

I guarantee you people would be shocked with how many elite LWs could go and wreck shop in an open weight toruney

LW is the perfect sweet spot of skill/intelligence, balance size/power etc
5A31043F-95AA-4D14-B6E6-AB0670DCD44B.jpeg
00CC9A37-2C57-4398-A656-735AE4A2D1DD.jpeg
Out on the feet and choked>majority decision that included running and stalling

Greg Hardy>Conor in terms of athleticism, but anyone with a working brain knows that.

Back