Why is Lee such a huge betting favorite over Iaquinta?

Put money on Al then, don't complain.

(and if you say nah,
I think Lee is winning here,
well then you got your answer)

FPWP

Complaining? I was curious.

From what I've seen of them it doesn't seem like Lee should be better than a 3 to 1 betting favorite and I am wondering why that is. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

FPWP

Complaining? I was curious.

From what I've seen of them it doesn't seem like Lee should be better than a 3 to 1 betting favorite and I am wondering why that is. You need to work on your reading comprehension.
who you picking for that fight?

odds isn't a random thing you know.

it depend on who put money on who.

who you picking for that fight?

odds isn't a random thing you know.

it depend on who put money on who.

It's honestly a toss up for me. On the one hand Lee could easily take it to a 29-28 decision victory or win by submission. Then you have Raging Al who could catch him with an uppercut on a frame and either TKO him or take a 29-27. You could even have an argument for the possibility of a draw with a 28-28 score line. I just don't think it's over 3 to 1 and would like to know what I'm missing other than the inactivity.

As Frank Mir says about Maia, everyone he fights is superior athletically than him, he has terrible athleticism, so everything he does is by skill. The only way to improve skills is to work on them. Imagine Maia with a-level Athleticism.

That would be scary.

Because Sherdog overrating and hyping Lee is relly working

Future 3 div champ (LW, WW and HW because DC is a poor man's version of Lee)

1. He's definitely more of a fan favorite. He has captured attention in a way that Al I has not.
2. Al I has taken a lot of time off. Almost retired. Lee was training extensively, and added more to his arsenal.
3. Lee fights dynamically, where Iaquenta fights stoically and traditionally. Therefore,
4. Lee has more ways to win.

Al I at +250 is worth a small bet IMO.

Al just lost to a wrestler in khabib. Although it's a different kind than Lee utilizes, I'm sure that effects the odds. Lee is ranked much higher, but i honestly could see al pulling out the win with lees suspect chin.

Al just lost to a wrestler in khabib. Although it's a different kind than Lee utilizes, I'm sure that effects the odds. Lee is ranked much higher, but i honestly could see al pulling out the win with lees suspect chin.

Surviving a kick to the face by Barboza shows that Lee has a really good chin

How many other people could recover from that ?

Lee has clearly improved a lot since their last fight...Iaquinta may have stagnated. Lee seems motivated, Iaquinta seems like a part-timer just into MMA for the checks at this point.

It's honestly a toss up for me. On the one hand Lee could easily take it to a 29-28 decision victory or win by submission. Then you have Raging Al who could catch him with an uppercut on a frame and either TKO him or take a 29-27. You could even have an argument for the possibility of a draw with a 28-28 score line. I just don't think it's over 3 to 1 and would like to know what I'm missing other than the inactivity.

5 rounds

1. He's definitely more of a fan favorite. He has captured attention in a way that Al I has not.
2. Al I has taken a lot of time off. Almost retired. Lee was training extensively, and added more to his arsenal.
3. Lee fights dynamically, where Iaquenta fights stoically and traditionally. Therefore,
4. Lee has more ways to win.

Al I at +250 is worth a small bet IMO.

Edit: He's +290

Lee has clearly improved a lot since their last fight...Iaquinta may have stagnated. Lee seems motivated, Iaquinta seems like a part-timer just into MMA for the checks at this point.

That's very subjective, only himself and his coaches know where he's at. I'm talking about what stylistically gives Lee such a big advantage.

Ooops... that adds more levels to it I suppose.

After doing more research it looks like Kevin Lee has a huge reach advantage and is probably why people are favoring him so much. I don't think I've seen him use his reach advantage in a fight though.

Last edited:
He's +350

After doing more research it looks like Kevin Lee has a huge reach advantage and is probably why people are favoring him so much. I don't think I've seen him use his reach advantage in a fight though.

Not according to https://www.bestfightodds.com/. Maybe he's +350 somewhere; if so, i'd definitely take those odds :)

EDIT: By the way, in the Original Post you mention that some sites have Lee as -350, but FYI that does NOT MEAN that his opponent is automatically +350.... ;)

Last edited:
that does seem like too much to me too. iaquinta just got handled by khabib, but lee is only one fight away from getting finished by ferguson himself.

considering al already beat him, that is a bit of a head scratcher.

Surviving a kick to the face by Barboza shows that Lee has a really good chin

How many other people could recover from that ?
He doesn't have a glass chin, but he could have been finished by a smarter fighter, barboza kinda let him off trying to rush in. He should have kept distance knowing Lee would panic wrestle when he was in trouble.

Honestly I have no idea why someone like Al Laquinta even fights when he is heir to a budget hotel fortune...

Their first fight was almost 5 years ago, was extremely competitive, and Kevin Lee has made massive improvements since then. Lee was 21, younger than Max was when he fought Conor. You basically need to pretend that fight didn't happen when analyzing the matchup.

Their first fight was almost 5 years ago, was extremely competitive, and Kevin Lee has made massive improvements since then. Lee was 21, younger than Max was when he fought Conor. You basically need to pretend that fight didn't happen when analyzing the matchup.
PLEASE, enough with the logic.

Back