Why is Lee such a huge betting favorite over Iaquinta?

Riatyn

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Two sites have lee as a -350 betting favorite. I know Al can take a punch better and looks to me like he has better boxing fundamentals. Can anyone explain to me where this giant gap is?

Put money on Al then, don't complain.

(and if you say nah,
I think Lee is winning here,
well then you got your answer)

Last edited:
If lee wins this fight he’s future lw champ

If lee loses this fight he’s always been an over rated bum

I'm putting 20 bucks on ragin real estate guy, call me crazy.

someone loan me 20 bucks?

Yeah i'm betting Al as well.
Fucking hell getting 13/5 for just the win.

Maybe because Kevin Lee is a really really good fighter while Iaquinta is a fucking real estate agent

Kevin Lee is going to take his ball sack and shove it in Iaquinta's ass

Max being the underdog made it easy for me too. I would have put more on but in the afternoon i took Killie at 18/1 to beat Celtic and Cel,tic hammered them 5-1 and i just put £20 on max to break even.

Iaquinta barely fights anymore, and Lee has been active and improving for years. Based on just skill it's a toss-up.

Maybe because Kevin Lee is a really really good fighter while Iaquinta is a fucking real estate agent

I’m pretty sure this is the first time I’ve heard that particular euphemism for fighting.

Iaquinta barely fights anymore, and Lee has been active and improving for years. Based on just skill it's a toss-up.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/how-is-david-tank-abbot-remembered.3201061/page-5
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/is-tank-abbot-worthy-of-the-ufc-hof.3135945/ (majority voted yes)
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-and-sherdog-legend-tank-abbott.3876027/

Tank Abbot is always referred to as a legend, it's nuts. The guy barely beat anyone impressive. If this was modern MMA it would be like calling Artem a legend. It's ludicrous.

There is a substantial gap in athleticism. AI is fundamentally sound in all areas, not great in any area. Very durable, but a little slow and pondering. Lee should be able to light him up standing or on the ground. Look for a one sided beat down, probably a decision because AI is tough as nails.

giphy.gif

If lee wins this fight he’s future lw champ

If lee loses this fight he’s always been an over rated bum

Exactly, like all other fighters, there's no middle ground.

Either you're a GOAT, or just another gatekeeper bum.

There is a substantial gap in athleticism. AI is fundamentally sound in all areas, not great in any area. Very durable, but a little slow and pondering. Lee should be able to light him up standing or on the ground. Look for a one sided beat down, probably a decision because AI is tough as nails.

I agree with that. Al Iquinta seems like your average guy without a huge amount of talent and athleticism that pushed his career as far as he could possibly go. I think a lot of that toughness is just discipline and determination.

If you gave someone as hard working and well rounded as Al Iquinta the genetics & talent of GSP, he'd probably be the greatest ever by a substantial margin.

Their first fight (when Lee was like 22 years old ) was very close and it's clear Lee had improved much more than Iaquinta in that span, especially since Lee has moved to full time training at xtreme Couture and Iaquinta has taken huge amounts of time off pursuing other interests.

either lee is going to dominate or lose IMO. don't see it being a close fight if he takes it. he also definitely thinks its gonna be an easy matchup - so we'll find out if he's right.

I agree with that. Al Iquinta seems like your average guy without a huge amount of talent and athleticism that pushed his career as far as he could possibly go. I think a lot of that toughness is just discipline and determination.

If you gave someone as hard working and well rounded as Al Iquinta the genetics & talent of GSP, he'd probably be the greatest ever by a substantial margin.

As Frank Mir says about Maia, everyone he fights is superior athletically than him, he has terrible athleticism, so everything he does is by skill. The only way to improve skills is to work on them. Imagine Maia with a-level Athleticism.

Shove it in Iaquintas ass? Why would such a thing happen, and is it even legal in our sport?

Back