Why is Khabib trolling Conor for fighting at multiple weights?

He never lost because he was a weight bully. Imagine a natural 170 pounder killing himself to make FW.
Yeah i forgot, Dustin and Max were midgets when they fought in FW, right?
Khabib went to the hospital because of weight cutting and Mcgregor never had to go to hospital because of that

Guys like Khabib and Jons need to fight outside their weight division. Being huge in your weightclass and beating everyone is one thing. Challenging yourself against similar sized or bigger opponents is better for your legacy and p4p in my eyes.
Khabib is barely a lightweight. Him trolling someone fighting at a natural weight class makes him look meh. Move up man and challenge yourself.

How many wins does Khabib outside of LW?
How would Khabib do against even Nate at 170lbs? We'll never know because he's happy to stay in the secure confines of LW.

Every camp we hear about how he handles heavyweights in training but the facts are his last 2 wins are over opponents who moved up from FW. So for him to have the audacity to question Conor's record at 170 is an astonishing own-goal.

Whatever you think about Conor, he could have done 'a Khabib' and stayed dominant at FW, but with the 4 best challengers in Jose, Max, Dustin and Chad already put to the sword he wanted a greater challenge. If anyone can talk about "legacy" it's Conor.
Khabib is just jealous of Conor's 3 real titles.

View media item 32441

Well if you think Max was a bum hill he was Champ I won't try and change your mind.
Do you think Max today beats Connor?

You can see in hindsight that RDA tailor made for Khabib the same way Barboza was and why Khabib turned down Aldo as a bad style match up.

RDA has always struggled with strong grapples from Tyson Griffin, Guida, Tony and Tibau to all the wrestlers who've dominated him at WW.
You can pretend Max was even close to what he is now when Conor fought him, but he wasn't. There's really no debate to be had on it. He was young and very green. He wasn't a good win for Conor, Poirier, or Bermudez back then. Do I think Max beats Conor now? At 145, 100%. At 155, possibly if he can take the damage for 2 rounds.

And hindsight is irrelevant, RDA was #5, #6 when you include the champ, he was a great win. Max was unranked, not close to being ranked, and didn't beat a quality opponent until he beat Swanson 2 years later.

And Tony Ferguson and Tibau didn't dominate RDA lol

How many wins does Khabib outside of LW?
How would Khabib do against even Nate at 170lbs? We'll never know because he's happy to stay in the secure confines of LW.

Every camp we hear about how he handles heavyweights in training but the facts are his last 2 wins are over opponents who moved up from FW. So for him to have the audacity to question Conor's record at 170 is an astonishing own-goal.

Whatever you think about Conor, he could have done 'a Khabib' and stayed dominant at FW, but with the 4 best challengers in Jose, Max, Dustin and Chad already put to the sword he wanted a greater challenge. If anyone can talk about "legacy" it's Conor.

I look at it a different way, you stay at one weight there's no avoiding a bad match up in your weight class eventually. Jumping back back & forth between classes allows you to avoid a upcoming roadblock by jumping or dropping to fight a more favorable matchup. When a fighter cleans out a division ala Jon Jones then it's reasonable for people to question and ask, "Why not move up"..? Jumping around and not facing the real class of those divisions makes you look like you're more avoiding than challenging yourself...

Cause he hasnt fought a welterweight yet , lol. This shit is too funny.

Khabib never will got to WW. He wouldn't live with the guys like Woodley, Usman and even Covington. He gets pushed too hard by their pace or just flattened by their wrestling. He's happy to stay in a div thread bare of top quality wrestlers.

Khabib is a natural 170 pounder anyway.
so is conor scared of woodley usman and covington
if khabib was an easy fight these three guys u mentioned would cut to lw in an instant.. but why wouldnt they? is it hard for them to cut because they are natural ww's? why can khabib take the cut and they cant? please educate me

so is conor scared of woodley usman and covington
if khabib was an easy fight these three guys u mentioned would cut to lw in an instant.. but why wouldnt they? is it hard for them to cut because they are natural ww's? why can khabib take the cut and they cant? please educate me
Okay, you want an education in it?

1, Khabib doesn't cut easily. He has missed weight on multiple occasions and also hasn't got the fastest fight turn around in spite of not being a very injury prone fighter. He has only fought about 8 times since 2013-in part due to difficult weight cuts and granted other reasons like suspensions_but it would be disingenuous to say Khabib hasn't had weight issues in the past.

2, He is a natural WW, but a more medium sized one-so while Tyron is shorter-Tyron cuts quite a bit of weight to make WW. In my opinion if he wasn't about 5'9 he would be better suited for MW, but his frame simply would never allow him to cut for LW-not even close.
Usman being 6ft or above and still a fairly well muscled guy is a perfect example of a natural WW. Perfect height for it, good mix or speed and strength thanks to his frame and cuts just enough to be heavy-but not gas so he can easily go 5 rounds at WW. Could he cut more? Maybe but would be drained at LW imho-Khabib is drained sometimes at LW which is why he looks very gaunt during fight week-so the cut is tough for him even and his naturally a little smaller than Colby and Kamaru in build so a cut would be a fair bit tougher for them.

3, most importantly, you misrepresent what I said. I said at welterweight Khabib is an easy fight for these 3 imho-they will be heavier, stronger, technically better than any grappler he's faced and with the exception of Woodley will push a pace he couldn't keep for 5 rounds(my opinion)...that's at welterweight.
Lets not act like I ever said things would be the same at lightweight. Khabib cuts, with difficulty history has shown, and he's a small-ish WW, while Woodley is a huge WW and Colby/Marty are pretty big too-so for them to cut down and even remain 50% the fighter they are at welterweight seems highly unlikely to me.

TL;DR Lightweight and welterweight are not the same thing. 3 large welterweights vs 1 mid to small welterweight will never have a similar cut.

Back