Why is Kavanagh so outspoken as a coach?

The guy seems like a nice enough guy but he tries to take on Conor's personality and makes all these ridiculous claims

For a fighter to have an unreal faith in themselves is one thing but when you are the coach you need to be more grounded than that, I don't think the things he says reflects on him well at all as a coach

Also many of the things he says are disrespectful to other fighters in the game, no reason for a coach to go there. If you wanna be disrespectful when you are the fighter and you have to go in there and back it up so be it, but when your watching from the sidelines just shut your fuckin mouth

Because nobody will give a shit about him in 5 years

Is there any reason why he is so outspoken compared to other coaches from AKA, Jackson's MMA or Kings MMA. Yes I do realise that he probably gets interviewed by the media more than the others but he seems to enjoy pandering to social media more than the others.

Conor talks enough shit as it is, not sure he needs Kavanagh sprouting more outlandish statements that will end up exploding in their faces.
He is outspoken especially for this rematch cuz his touch butt buddy mcjoker can't talk any shit like before cuz he git his ass chipped

Wow, some of you people are just assholes. Damn him for believing in his best fighter right? Any time I've heard him interviewed, he's always plenty nice and reasonable.

Love Me some Special K guy backs his fighters and has some good insights and is clearly well respected by his peers.

Haters gonna hate.

http://severemma.com/2014/09/john-kavanagh-mcgregor-could-be-ufcs-first-three-weight-champion/

He explained: “It’s hard to put in words why I think he will be remembered as the greatest of all time. I do think that he will definitely be a two weight world champion, that’s a given, and I think with a certain set of circumstances he will be the first and only three weight division UFC champion. That would be at featherweight, lightweight and welterweight.

This was back in 2014. Holy fuck he talks a load of shit.

He's an attention whore and wannabe famous person
"Wannabe" famous person, so by that you think hes not?? Jesus Christ almighty, your hatred has now turned to bitterness to the point that your raving like a madman that cant see the wood for the trees.

He's just a fucking dope.

Even the way he was behaving after Conor lost to Nate, all smiling and giggling. Your boy just lost a huge fight in which he was a HUGE favourite, and you're pissing about and smiling.

He wants all the fucking shine, yet he's got 1 world class talent in his camp - 2 if you push Gunnar into that conversation.

Average coach.

Come on man, he isn't that bad. He has a couple of prospects fighting in bellator and in the European scene who are waiting to make the jump to the UFC.

No not that bad at all.

I just liked saying irish edmund lol

Back