Why is Kavanagh so outspoken as a coach?

FATM

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Is there any reason why he is so outspoken compared to other coaches from AKA, Jackson's MMA or Kings MMA. Yes I do realise that he probably gets interviewed by the media more than the others but he seems to enjoy pandering to social media more than the others.

Conor talks enough shit as it is, not sure he needs Kavanagh sprouting more outlandish statements that will end up exploding in their faces.

tumblr_nlfsj4kTY81ql0k28o1_500.gif

Bobby_display_image_display_image.jpg
bobby_heenan.jpg

<40><40><40><40><40>

I think he just speaks like any other coach. Just the media picks up on what he says and publicizes it the most. Since he is the coach of the most popular fighter. People are gonna care what the coach thinks.

If Connie could change camp that would be great.

I think he just speaks like any other coach. Just the media picks up on what he says and publicizes it the most. Since he is the coach of the most popular fighter. People are gonna care what the coach thinks.
I don't recall coaches claiming that their fighter could be a three division champ.

Because MMA "reporters" are constantly asking him for quotes and interviews.

He's an attention whore and wannabe famous person

Why do you post on sherdog?

Why not just not express an opinion? There's enough shit threads about Conor on here already, why do you feel the need to add another one? Shouldn't you be working? Are you an attention whore? What have you achieved in your life that makes you think your opinion is valid enough to be made public?

Kavanagh speaks because he gets asked his opinion and doesn't mind speaking publicly, with all the positives and negatives that come with it.

You post because you enjoy talking about MMA.

There's the answer.

I don't recall coaches claiming that their fighter could be a three division champ.

That's because it is not publicized. You don't think Mark Henry thinks Frankie Edgar could be champ at BW, FW and LW? He has said on individual occasions he can win belts there.

Besides it was the fighter who said that first. Conor. So you his coach is not supposed to back him up? His coach is supposed to say "no Conor, sorry you cannot do that"

He is getting paid too!

Hype his gym/fighter(s), AKA or ATT dont need that because they are already stablished and have many top fighters and a few belts.....Conor´s coach not so much.

That's because it is not publicized. You don't think Mark Henry thinks Frankie Edgar could be champ at BW, FW and LW? He has said on individual occasions he can win belts there.

How the hell is a signature that covers half the page allowed

Frankie is a top contender at FW, was a champ at LW and barely cuts so fighting at BW is not out of the realms of possibility.

Conor has zero title defences, got beaten by Diaz who is a ranked 5 at LW and would get slaughtered by Woodley, Lawler, Rory, Wonderboy, etc.

Frankie is a top contender at FW, was a champ at LW and barely cuts so fighting at BW is not out of the realms of possibility.

Conor has zero title defences, got beaten by Diaz who is a ranked 5 at LW and would get slaughtered by Woodley, Lawler, Rory, Wonderboy, etc.
Well that is your opinion, and Kavanagh has is opinion. People are allowed to speak. And people are allowed to criticize. I think we should focus on living our lives more rather than discussing others. You agree?

In my opinion, as the OP mentioned, he gets interviewed a lot, but a huge part of it is that his camp only has one fighter of note, so he really backs that horse hard. Even though he's facing a loss, I think team McGregor feels it's best to have him hyped up even by affiliated third parties, like coaches. Kavanagh clearly isn't that well rounded as a coach or Mcgregor would have better ground skills, so he needs to add value wherever he can. In fact as I think about it, Kavanagh really only came up in any way because of Mcgregor, so he probably feels he owes him everything just because he's willing to keep him around.

Hype his gym/fighter(s), AKA or ATT dont need that because they are already stablished and have many top fighters and a few belts.....Conor´s coach not so much.

They do hype their gym. They're just not as sought after.

Interview with Conor McGregor's coach = hits/views.
Interview with Cain Valasquez' coach = meh.

5 minutes of fame. Can't stand his character.

Back