Why is Jones so strong?

His genetics, his discipline in training, and his frame and leverage all combine to make incredibly strong in the 205 pound division.

An then there's the extracurriculars...

Dc wore himself out with the pace in the first rounds and Jones body shots made him even more tired. Combined with his greco roman backround, leaning his big upper body on him , and leaning his legs back so you cant take him down = a nightmare

Some people are just naturally stronger.

Jones only has skinny calves, but his thighs and upper body is quite muscular and strong.

Jones only has skinny calves, but his thighs and upper body is quite muscular and strong.

Your name is quite ironic considering recent developments. :icon_lol:

In all seriousness, there's a safety bar right around his knee level in that pic so obviously he wasn't deadlifting. Maybe training shrugs.

Look closer at the picture.

Unfair. Should have warned DC he was entering the cage against a cocaine abuser.

Maybe because his skinny legs allows him to have more muscle mass on his upper body?

His use of leverage definitely helps and also the fact he has great technique.

It's not always about strength, especially in the clinch. There's so much technique in the clinch that some of us don't know/understand at this level of MMA. There's so many little things that make such a huge difference in the clinch.

Jones stayed in very good position when in the clinch. He kept his hips back far, along with his feet and he always had good positioning with his arms/hands.

And wasn't Jones a Greco-Roman wrestler or something? those guys are always very, very strong in the clinch. Look at Randy Couture - he was able to control a lot of guys who were a lot bigger than him. Randy actually did a hell of a job at controlling Brock against the fence and that guy is a fucking MONSTER in terms of size and strength as well as his wrestling pedigree.

Jones simply has great technique, comes from a Greco-Roman wrestling background if I remember correctly and the guy is huge. He's obviously a strong guy. He knows how to use his size better than anybody in the UFC and I'm sure is the best in MMA in general at it. Jones uses leverage probably better than anybody in the sport as well, he has great technique and I'm sure he is naturally a very strong guy to begin with, just look at how big he is, he's fucking huge.

Early in the fight with DC it's not like Jones was easily controlling him in the clinch either. He was having a lot of issues in all aspects against a fresh DC, but once DC slowed down, that's really when Jones took over and was able to muscle him around.

I see that Jones' out of competition drug test has come back with some very interesting results. But I am not going to jump to conclusions and I'm not going to credit Jones' strength to any sort of PED's. It's best we just wait, only time will tell. The truth is going to come out sooner or later. Until then, there is no point in assuming he is on something.

Lol on Tuesday it was because his height and reach give him an unfair advantage.

Apparently the chalk helps

image.jpg

Jones uses a lot of powder.....

DC was an olympian, he aint clean. Face it 50 percent or more of mma fighters are on peds

True enough. I worked with a former Olympian until a couple years ago and he used to live nextdoor to me as well. He straight told me that most of them are on something.

Back