Why is it whenever theres an event coming up thats when my training takes a hit?

the_Dark Knight

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It seems every time I'm trying to prepare for an event thats when things go wrong. Theres an event in Austin coming up in about a wk that I really wanted to prepare for, but some road blocks have stopped me from really making the most out of my past couple wks of training. A. last week they busted out my car windows over night, so I was upset about that B. That same weekend, my allergies began to kick up and sidelined me from training that weekend. C. I was going to spend the earlier part of this week training at the academy, but due to shitty weather, I was forced to stay indoors. D. I'm sick again (cold). E. I should be getting ready to train now, but do to work obligations, I have to stay here untill 7...I dont want to sound like a complainer, I've made the most of these set backs, and while I was forced to be at home, I worked conditiong, and from the looks of it, I'm at the weight class I want to be at (for now). But still, it feels I havent spend enough time really training, just working out. has anyone else ever expereinced this type of predicament?

whenever i have a tournament, i usually end up breaking or jamming toes or fingers the week of. just taped em up and went

Back