Why Is It Ok To Heckle Sports Players

People just don't get heckling is a part of the homefield advantage. You talk shit to rattle players. How fucking beta do you have to be to not be okay with heckling

Lmao. Of course Canboozled thinks yelling at players from the safety of the stands is alpha.

<36>

People just don't get heckling is a part of the homefield advantage. You talk shit to rattle players. How fucking beta do you have to be to not be okay with heckling

In most cases, heckle all you want cos at the end of the day, they know they're better than you.

But don't directly affect the outcome of the contest and leave the family out of it.

Incidentally on home field advantage, halfway through listening to a Freaknomics Radio podcast right now, their findings is you don't affect the opposing players. Home field advantage comes from unintentional bias from referees

In most cases, heckle all you want cos at the end of the day, they know they're better than you.

But don't directly affect the outcome of the contest and leave the family out of it.

Incidentally on home field advantage, halfway through listening to a Freaknomics Radio podcast right now, their findings is you don't affect the opposing players. Home field advantage comes from unintentional bias from referees

Lolwut, this is some white privilege level bullshit. Unintentional bias from traveling referees? Homefield advantage comes from players having a routine that they can stick to and being comfortable. It's distal queues that prepare a player better. Freakanomics sounds more like bullshit if that was their conclusion.

Lolwut, this is some white privilege level bullshit. Unintentional bias from traveling referees? Homefield advantage comes from players having a routine that they can stick to and being comfortable. It's distal queues that prepare a player better. Freakanomics sounds more like bullshit if that was their conclusion.

Hey, it's a theory. I'd like to think they put more thought and study into it. I got distracted and still halfway through the podcast. I do though also buy into your premise re: routines. It'll be a sum of the parts IMO and not one absolute reason.

Hey, it's a theory. I'd like to think they put more thought and study into it. I got distracted and still halfway through the podcast. I do though also buy into your premise re: routines. It'll be a sum of the parts IMO and not one absolute reason.
I literally just did and I practiced it for years, as you've noticed. I really doubt any referees are inherently biased towards home teams. I do know refs in pro sports protect the stars. It's bullshit but its why people are buying tickets.

You should treat people the way you wanted to be treated regardless of who it is. I think some of these losers in the stands think it's okay because they probably won't have to come face to face to with the athlete they are heckling because of security.

But it's not different than people driving like assholes, cutting other people off and tailgating. They think because they're surrounded by roughly 4,000 lbs of metal and can speed off that they are invincible. But put that same person face to face with people.. say in a store.. do you think that asshole driver would treat another person that way while standing next to them without a car to protect them?

It's fine to boo athletes and yell out your displeasure for their shit play, but when you take it to a personal level and specifically taunt them and make personal insults, well then it's time to take a look in the mirror and do some self evaluation.

I literally just did and I practiced it for years, as you've noticed. I really doubt any referees are inherently biased towards home teams. I do know refs in pro sports protect the stars. It's bullshit but its why people are buying tickets.

Without any direct study and evidence on my part, I believe that refs are a bit biased towards home teams. It is human nature in a way. If one thinks that heckling and getting on to a player affects them and their performance, the same would apply for the refs.

As you said before, it's all part of home field advantage. A couple of % points

It's also called bullying. One is executing their freedom of speech against someone whose freedom of speech is severely restricted. The sportsperson is restricted in how they can reply (if able to at all).
Reply on the field/court/pitch/arena/whatever

they should be allowed to heckle, but players should also be allowed to go Malice in the Palice style in return

as Bill Burr said, 'Well, he went up there!'
edit: what PUO said

Time for a bumb. This dude tried to get Westbrook to put hand on him

That aint part of the game.

The fan's past tweet and post about him hating Westbrook are already being put out there. this guys wanted Westbrook to hit him and then he can sue and ruin Westbrook.

That is why we need more Owners like the Knicks Owner. One that is gonna stand up for his team.

Time for a bumb. This dude tried to get Westbrook to put hand on him

That aint part of the game.

The fan's past tweet and post about him hating Westbrook are already being put out there. this guys wanted Westbrook to hit him and then he can sue and ruin Westbrook.

He's banned for life.

That is why we need more Owners like the Knicks Owner. One that is gonna stand up for his team.

James Dolan can get fucked. Dumbshit was fed with a silver spoon since his birth and single-handedly ruined a once-great franchise after his rich daddy passed it onto him.

You have to be old.

LMAO.

And heckling is part of sports. It is fun. I started a "pterodactyl" chant aimed at Carl Everett in Left field at an A's game. Nobody knew what was going on, but Carl got visibly bothered and it wrecked his game.

Terr

Uhhhhhhhh

Dak

Tull

Over and over.

LMAO. Fun times, and fuck paying ten bucks a drink.

When did the sports bar get taken over by a bunch of soft little cans?

Players get paid millions of dollars to play. Suck it up and deal with it. Have no problem with heckling as long as whats being said doesnt cross any personal lines or shit like that.

Back