Why Is It Ok To Heckle Sports Players

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Smokes, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Smokes

Smokes Blue Belt

Why is it socially acceptable for people to scream and cuss out sports players when they at work?

this dude was just trying to take a break and people pressing him for no reason.

Stadiums should just start tossing out hecklers. Cheering for your team is fine but just stay quiet when the other team is doing good. We need more positive energy

2. looktwice

looktwice Orange Belt

They do it because there's security. No chance they talk shit to these athletes on the streets.

3. LaylaThePitBuLL

LaylaThePitBuLL Red Nose Belt Yellow Card

Usually low lifes that never got anywhere in life do this. Jealousy is real.

4. JAEGERX

JAEGERX Per Aspera Ad Astra Platinum Member

there are barriers between players and fans, as a fan you can talk shit abut entire teams and every single person in the organization but the players need to keep face, dont wanna get suspended and miss a paycheck, basically that is what prevents them from kicking your ass when you call them worthless cucks who cant catch a fucking ball

HunterAcosta and Smokes like this.
  5. hiphopnazi

hiphopnazi Brown Belt

Class from both sides.

6. Fedorgasm

Fedorgasm Silver Belt

It's a good question. It's not okay to heckle a comedian or a play, but it's okay to do it to athletes

I guess because you don't need to hear in order to watch sports, so it doesn't matter if people yell. And keeping track of who is yelling good stuff vs bad stuff would be a nightmare.

HunterAcosta and Smokes like this.
  7. DaleBoca

DaleBoca Silver Belt

Not saying that it is okay but if you pay good money to see your team and they’re sucking ass then you should give them the business. They’re millionaires who don’t even put in an effort? But there should be lines that can’t be crossed, like talking about their family. But if you say they suck and they’re a bum, whatever, they should be able to take it, after all they’ll hop into their Ferrari and go to their mansion.

Possum Jenkins likes this.
  8. Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz Red Belt

cause dey aint betta den us!!! thats why.

9. AOM

AOM Belt of single malt... Platinum Member

Lol at all the snow flakes itt...sticks and stones can break my bones, but names can never hurt me...

10. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

Try talking shit to Mike Milbury.

11. Frank23

Frank23 New York Belt Platinum Member

<Lmaoo>

12. Makani

Makani Ain't Nobody Ever Been Free

13. Jack Reacheround

Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Security didn’t save those morons from Ron Artest. I was forever a fan of his after that.

14. Nameless Ghoul

Nameless Ghoul Brown Belt

I'm not a heckler or a shit talker to athletes, but I do enjoy a good "booing" of an athlete or to drown out the visiting team fans that try to get a chant going. It's all in good fun though.

15. Pliny Pete

Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Fuck that my tax dollars pay their salary so I let em know how I feel about them, their families and their whole generation!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

HeirApparent, volodya, Corona and 3 others like this.
  16. Possum Jenkins

Possum Jenkins Cultural Marxism Belt

Because sports isn't a common, everyday job. You get paid millions for playing a child's game.

Sports are an outlet for people to let out their aggression and their asshole-ness. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed (family, race, religion), but for the most part it should be a free for all.

Gregolian, AOM and Revolver like this.
  17. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

The only dude's I WON'T heckle are pro combat sports people. Mostly cause almost all of them could kick my ass (except maybe like a Jake Shields if he can't take me down).

As for basketball, football, baseball players? They're playing children's games for amounts of money that most people really REALLY can't comprehend. Many are in a position where they can buy a 10 mil house and STILL have money to blow on like 5 cars that are like 850k a piece..... and they're STILL rich after all that...

To be fair... Marcus Peters is a CB getting paid big bucks and seemingly getting burned every other week... so not only is he at a position that you only start playing cause you can't catch and as such can't be a receiver..........

18. spin_

spin_ Gold Belt

well, its free speech as far as the law goes, so what is society supposed to do about it?

other fans should confront him and potentially get in a fight and legal trouble to protect a millionaire's ears?

Devout Pessimist and Gregolian like this.
  19. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

I gladly trade my mundane life for millions of dollar, hawt cheerleaders, and hecklers talking smack to me for a little bit. What kind of a thread is this?

<JagsKiddingMe> <JagsKiddingMe> <JagsKiddingMe>

<Prem973> <Prem973> <Prem973>

volodya likes this.
  20. Warlord Palis

Warlord Palis ♔ Lord of Jameson

Bill Burr had a great bit on this. You fucking dorks boo and heckle athletes because in general the athletes can't do shit back but most importantly you all doing this are insecure, sad sacks of shit who are unhappy with themselves.

I always thought it was pathetic whenever i go to a ball game and some unathletic slob would be booing and saying shit like; "Get off the field you fucking pussy!!! Fucking bum you suck!!". I look at what this guy looks like saying this and it's no wonder.

Figures @Possum Jenkins aka Pissum Jenkins would be one of these unathletic pukes. I still remember part of that quote about how excited Pissum was to be showering with other black kids in the locker. What was the exact quote @INeedARemedy ??