Why is it ok to discriminate against smokers...

its not ok to discriminate against smokers. thats the pt of south park

I myself along with many other coworkers have been injured trying provide
care for larger patients. Moving a 400lb patient, whether you have lots of help or not can be trouble.

Have you ever seen a 700 lb individual in person. A real disdain can develop.
You know that person does not work. Does not pay taxes. If you have been in a car accident or are incapacitated for whatever reason, its understandable to get bigger,
but 400-700lb is ridiculous.

So yes fat people are Dangerous/

I used to have a friend who was an ambulance driver/paramedic, and he could attest to the arduous and dangerous nature of fatties.

but not fatties? Both are self destructive and exhibit a lack of self control, mainly toward an addiction that will eventually kill them.

It seems completely socially acceptable to "hate" smokers and be disgusted by them, but if you professed to hate fatties and were vocal about your disgust, you would be attacked by a mob with pitch forks and torches.

What's the difference?

Seriously? A shit load of people are fine with singling out the fat bastards of the world. Smoking takes alot of bullshit hits tho for sure. But smoking is also a terrible habbit that causes problems in the healthcare system and so on.

iwdTOXzx1HrBE.gif

Lmao exactly. Like that fitness model thread. It just doesn't matter. Everyone has hate in them. Who cares if people hate fatties smokers drinkers and who cares if they wanna bitch and moan about their tax dollar cause they don't make enough. Who cares if they broadcast it. It just doesn't matter. Fucking religious people broadcast that they despise other people by going to the establishment they do.
It does not matter.

Hate is embedded into our lives it doesn't matter. I hate freedom infringers and poor people. I hate, we all hate.

I judge them differently, but equally.

Amen! Also let me be clear. I don't really hate bums or welfare soldiers. I hate poor people that make right around 60k or 120k in a couple and think their bitching about bums is justified and wah wah I can't pay my college bills and bums make my life difficult.

Fuck off. Earn some fucking money.

Last edited:
I think people perceive smoking as more of a conscientious choice than eating. Over-eating has been more attributed to genetic factors and early childhood influences from parents. People perceive smoking as something that people choose to do later in life, which makes them easier to shame since they have less of a perceived reason to continue smoking. You never here someone explaining away their smoking habit by saying that they are genetically predisposed to it or that their parents influenced them to do it.

^^^^ agreed but I also never hear fat people do that in person. Just on the internet. I smoke and I drink and I do it because I love it. Absolutely love it.

Some times I hate it but mostly I love it.

You also hear a lot of these cry babies continue their bullshit into the subject that they are poor because everyone that isn't involved with their beloved interest is bringing them down. And they hate on people that were born with money and for shame they were born with money and life is harder for them.

Who cares what people are
bitching about? Too bad

Last edited:
I think people perceive smoking as more of a conscientious choice than eating. Over-eating has been more attributed to genetic factors and early childhood influences from parents. People perceive smoking as something that people choose to do later in life, which makes them easier to shame since they have less of a perceived reason to continue smoking. You never here someone explaining away their smoking habit by saying that they are genetically predisposed to it or that their parents influenced them to do it.

I'd say you can file smoking under this flag as well. Many people pick up bad habbits from their surroundings. You grow up in a smokers household, its likely you wind up picking up the habbit.

I'd say you can file smoking under this flag as well. Many people pick up bad habbits from their surroundings. You grow up in a smokers household, its likely you wind up picking up the habbit.

That's likely true. It just seems like smokers start their habit late enough in life to know that it's bad, but fat people start early, before they are aware of their issues. This seems to make fat people way more touchy about their weight issues than smokers are about smoking issues. People being touchy about things makes those subjects less likely to be brought up or harder to approach.

As a smoker, I can admit that it does stink. I don't know what causes it to stink up clothes, worse than what actual smoke smells like, but it's a nasty smell.

Fat people are gross too though. It disgusts me watching some fat shit start to sweat, and drip on the table, while shoveling burgers into their food hole. Can't tell them they're disgusting though, because they can't help it, and their condition is because of slow metabolism, or it's hereditary, or, or, or.....

I can't stand it when I hear the phrase "Struggling with weight loss". No. They're struggling with not shoving that fifth donut in their face.

I'm "struggling with quitting smoking". Be nice to me.

I recently dropped 60 pounds and it depends on how bad you want it in most cases. At 6'5 I was no a blimp and wanted to go back down to my weight I was when I was in the military.

That's likely true. It just seems like smokers start their habit late enough in life to know that it's bad, but fat people start early, before they are aware of their issues.

From elementary school, you're told about healthy living. It's like excercise. We all know it's good for us, but most don't because it's a pain in the ass. Kind of like healthy eating. It doesn't taste as good as shitty eating. It's all personal choice. There is no grand, underlying psychological reason behind it.

Because more people are fat than smoke. Same reason you can sin tax cigs but not soda or fast food.

But they absolutely should. Maybe if shitty fast food wasn't so much cheaper than healthy food, people would eat better and not be a burden on the health care system.

I always find it funny that when im in my car giving someone a ride who isnt a smoker and i light up they scoff at me. its like look here asshole, my car, my rules. im doing your ass a favor.

But they absolutely should. Maybe if shitty fast food wasn't so much cheaper than healthy food, people would eat better and not be a burden on the health care system.

I'm a bit torn on sin taxing, but I end up agreeing with you after some thought. I tend to be a bit of a Millsian Libertarian in the sense where you should be able to do whatever you want, without penalty, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else. But if you take crappy care of yourself, you actually do end up hurting others financially so it does make sense that you should have to pay for that.

However, I just don't think a sin tax on crap food would ever work in the same way it has on cigarettes because a much larger proportion of people eat poorly and would fight it every step of the way. I remember they tried to put a sin tax on soda in NY a few years back, and the proposal fell flat on its face.

anyone who's had to spend a 8hr flight next too a 300lbs + person will agree it's just as antisocial as smoking

Back