Why Is Islam Makhachev (#10) Fighting Thiago Moises (UR)?

If Islam can stay healthy he will champ within 2 years.

He should be fighting Hooker or Felder next, and then either a TS or a #1 contender fight.
I thought he specifically asked for those two guys and they declined. That's how he ended up with a no rank opponent.

The plan is to cherry pick a bunch of easier unranked opponents and only 1 borderline top 10 guy (and stylistically a Striker) before getting a title shot.

I hope it doesn't work. Islam needs to fight a Chandler first.

Last edited:
The plan is to cherry pick a bunch of easier unranked opponents and only 1 borderline top 10 guy before getting a title shot.

I hope it doesn't work. Islam needs to fight a Chandler first.

To fight a Chandler first, a Chandler must first stop ducking him

I can't remember the last time I saw this guy fight in an octagon. That should tell you something, he needs to be a bit more active and a lot less choosy.

Fight someone, don't bore us and then ask for a top 10 guy or girl.

I don't give a shit. The guy has been super inactive. He needs to show he can actually make it to fight night a few times without disappearing for two years before he deserves to be fighting contender type fights.

I can't remember the last time I saw this guy fight in an octagon. That should tell you something, he needs to be a bit more active and a lot less choosy.

Fight someone, don't bore us and then ask for a top 10 guy or girl.

The only thing this tells me is that you have terrible memory. He fought 2 months ago

Because everyone in the top 10 wants no part of him and because the only named guy (RDA) he was scheduled to fight, he pulled out against.

Couldn't he fight gaethje? they share the same manager and all. Gaethje needs a fight and Islam needs a ranked/high profile opponent
Either a huge name boost for islam or redemption and a needed quality win for Gaethje. The rankings don't make sense but the UFC isn't above doing khazmat edwards.

Back