Why is Indiana called ..........

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by PsychoShooter, Jul 28, 2010.

1. PsychoShooter

PsychoShooter White Belt

Why is Indiana called " The Sorry State in Boxing " ?

2. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

?? I boxed there.. never heard it called that.. learned some great tricks there.

3. PsychoShooter

PsychoShooter White Belt

There is a boxing gym here in indianapolis with the motto " Indiana the sorry state for boxing , ..... Not any more "

4. keggy

keggy Purple Belt

Because Indiana's the sorry state of everything.

5. juji gatame**

juji gatame** Brown Belt

That would be Iowa.

6. That Ninja Kid

That Ninja Kid Orange Belt

Only thing I go to Indiana for is fireworks and gambling. And UFC 119 in September :)

7. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

Indiana is actually a great state.. I lived there for five years.. the whole southern part of it is almost all national forest. All the highways are cut into the limestone. The Northern part of it caters to those that like faster living, and the boxing was really great. I had all the sparring partners I could wish for and I learned a lot.

Here in Oklahoma, I am having trouble finding a decent gym period... so I miss Indiana a lot.

8. Renegadewonder1

Renegadewonder1 Purple Belt

I really don't know how to answer that question, but I think it might be a psychologicial ploy in order to think boxers from Indiana will suck, so boxers from out of state will come to Indiana just thinking they can pick up an easy victory when in fact the out of state boxers get ass raped.

9. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Banned Banned

John Cougar Mellencamp's son boxes there

It's also the home state to Tony Zale, Bud Taylor, Marvin Johnson, and Kid McCoy!

Good fighters, but it's not exactly New York.

10. OneOneTwo

OneOneTwo Banned Banned

I think you are over thinking this a little too much. I doubt there is a conspiracy behind it.

11. MeBig

MeBig Brown Belt

Fast living? Bro the entire northern part of that god forsaken state, with the exception of maybe 2 cities, is best summed up in the following pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MeBig

MeBig Brown Belt

And the state of boxing there is best summed up with:

[​IMG]

13. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

The same is true for almost any state.. go to Texas.. outside the major cities shit looks just like those pictures.. Nevada.. take the grass away and bingo..

I lived in kokomo and frequented Indianapolis. It was nice.. and Southern Indiana was even better because we had ski resorts and a hopping city that was smack in the middle of national forest.. that is Bloomington, IN.. if you've ever seen the movie Breaking Away, you've seen Bloomington.

..and because people like you don't know how great the city is, the cost of living was reasonable;D

so keep the stereotypes coming and enjoy your 1500.00 a month studio apt. that is referred to as a "loft" so that you dont feel like you're being ripped:D

14. quickdraw***

quickdraw*** Blue Belt

I came from Louisville and the boxing there was for sure better but, Indiana has a nice gyms with some good talent. This kid I boxed with at Columbus PAL named Seth Caffee was sick with it, had a couple GG titles. I was kind of a nomad the first couple years I lived here because my job allows me that type of freedom so needless to say I've been around the block. Bad Boyz up in Indy, Sweatbox in Terra Haute, PAL in Columbus all got a good program. Shout out to Derby City Boxing miss all my dudes down there.

15. quickdraw***

quickdraw*** Blue Belt

Ski resorts? So you've been to Paoli Peaks I guess? I'm live there now, not too bad right? Btown is where I'm moving in a couple months, biggest small town in the world right haha.

16. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

Yeah.. Paoli.. theres another one too.. haven't been to that one..

I'm not saying it's New York.. but who the fuck wants to live somewhere you can't find a parking spot in anyways?

It's a comfortable place with plenty of shit to do.

17. PsychoShooter

PsychoShooter White Belt

Well you dumb fucking ****, Reggie Strickland, is from Cincinnati, Ohio. So don't place him on us or group him with us Hoosiers .

18. MeBig

MeBig Brown Belt

Why don't you hop on boxrec and check out which state 300 out of strickland's 350 fights took place in. Who cares where he's 'from'?

19. MeBig

MeBig Brown Belt

I have no hidden agenda and have nothing against you as a poster, so please don't take what I'm saying personally. I stand firmly by the fact that Indiana sucks as a state, with relation to other states. There is nothing unique about its landscape or infrastructure at all. I've been to almost every part of every state in the u.s. multiple times over (no i wasn't a truck driver) and I've gotta say it's right there at or towards the bottom. I'm not saying that it's impossible to find a suitable living situation there in a specific place, I'm just talking relative to other states here. From Gary's hoods on the northwest part of there, to the cracked-road 20mph bland burmuda triangle of Logansport-Peru-Kokomo, to one of the least awe-inspiring 'large cities' in the U.S. in Indianapolis, there's just nothing there. I do have to say that the south/southeastern part of the state does get a little more interesting with the mountainous terrain blending into Kentucky though- makes for some cool driving.

Like I said, I don't mean it as a personal slight at all. I live in Michigan and we share a lot of similar characteristics- and as thus I'd put MI into the lower tier of interesting states (still better than Indiana).

20. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

Not taking it personally at all.. I'm just trying to share an alternative opinion.

I've lived all over. California, Oklahoma, Texas, Nevada, and Louisiana.

If I wasn't locked down to my college and friends and fam here, I would move to Southern Indiana in a second.

To me, it was a great place with a lot of character.. and yes, there are Amish in northern Indiana, but that only adds to the character.