Why is high fat better then high carb ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedong

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Most people agree on protein about 1g per kg of weight depending on body fat, shape, workouts and goals. But most people here think high fat and low to medium carb is better then just getting the RDA of fat (about 1g per kg of body weight) and the rest of calories apart from the protein out of carbs which is what most people on bodybuilding forums think. How is lower carb higher fat better for performance and health ? I personally try to eat plenty protein, medium fat and relatively high carb. Unless in keto mode the body uses carb mainly for energy so what happens with the high fat amounts, do they also get used for energy just at a slower more steady pace ?
I'm ready to get educated and won't start a paleo, low carb, bodybuilding war or something similar. Also to me it's relatively easy to overeat on fat cause it is high in calories and not really hard to digest, sure it's satisfying and necessary but it adds up very easily if you fry everything, put olive oil and butter on things instead just eating a little over RDA. Thanks for your attention

Depends on goals and individual. Im not against high carb, I eat 50% carbs, but Im against extremely low fat for health reasons

high carb is better for performance, low carb better for health for most people.

its not.

Find your required kcals for cut or bulk. cut -500 bulk +500

then IMO LBM x 1.2 grams of pro and LBM x .4-.5 for grams of fat

feel in the rest of cals with carbs.

show me 10 top athletes who do low carb.

people are just in the anti carb phase at the moment.

fat is essential for Test Production but i dont feel high fat is better than high carb.

no paleo for me

C'mon Jaedong, you've been here long enough to have read the stickies by now, which directly answer the questions you're asking. For example, have you even read this?

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/cholesterol-saturated-fat-myths-addressed-here-1141488/

It's fine (scratch that...GREAT!) to have differing opinions, and to lay out a case for what you think is a better strategy, but to ask why so many on the board think the way that they do, when the answers are right there in front of you in the required reading...come on, man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back