Why is Hector so far down the card?

sohocanaan22

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Tavarez and Nate are a combined 3-5 in their last 8 fights--one of which ended when Lombard KO'd Marquardt. Horiguchi has star potential for sure, but he's not exactly fighting Bruce Lee.

Hector is in the title contention conversation--at least its outskirts; people seem genuinely scared to fight him; he was a scheduled headliner with Kim until he got hurt. What gives?

I've seen people on here talk about him being a bully in the gym. Does he maybe alienate people in some other way?

Everybody hates him - according to him.

its weird what they are doin with lombard. Maybe dana bet cash on him when he fought okami and tim B, and this is his punishment

Hector/Burkman (big mismatch), Marquardt/Tavares (both been losing recently), and Horiguchi/Gaudinot (big mismatch) are all weak fights for the main card of a PPV. What order they are in really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I just wish Lombard and Horiguchi had stronger, top 10 opponents and Nate/Tavares would be a perfect FS1 prelim bout.

The UFC doesn't want to promote Lombard, he's old but very well rounded and dangerous, they don't want him to be promoted like he should be because that would mean he would be fighting Rory MacDonald and they don't want Rory losing since he brings in the Canadian money.

Think about it, Lombard beats Shields easily over 15 minutes which has never happened to Shields ever and instead of making Rory vs Lombard what do they do? They match Rory up with 2 guys that Shields had recently beaten then a 3rd guy ranked lower than Lombard.

He gets paid $200,000 K per fight he doesn't give a flying doo doo

Well regardless of everybody avoiding him, he hasn't exactly beaten anyone

he's good but lets be honest

he beat nate marquardt (who has done pretty bad at WW recently, very inconsistent)
and jake "even i cant believe ive ever been in the top 15" blanket man shields

he's facing unranked burkman, the ONLY somewhat good WW outside of the UFC

hector is an exciting fighter (when he's not losing to tim boetsch and yushin okami for inactivity) and its always a treat when i PPV has you engaged from the first fight onwards, kinda like varner/trujillo, sotiropolous/lauzon, alves/howard, stann/santiago, condit/dhk .etc .etc

alot of those guys were higher ranked and opened up ppvs too

Well regardless of everybody avoiding him, he hasn't exactly beaten anyone

he's good but lets be honest

he beat nate marquardt (who has done pretty bad at WW recently, very inconsistent)
and jake "even i cant believe ive ever been in the top 15" blanket man shields

he's facing unranked burkman, the ONLY somewhat good WW outside of the UFC

hector is an exciting fighter (when he's not losing to tim boetsch and yushin okami for inactivity) and its always a treat when i PPV has you engaged from the first fight onwards, kinda like varner/trujillo, sotiropolous/lauzon, alves/howard, stann/santiago, condit/dhk .etc .etc

alot of those guys were higher ranked and opened up ppvs too

lol, what a stupid thing to say. I take it you just started watching MMA?

lol, what a stupid thing to say. I take it you just started watching MMA?

nope

jake shields is one of the most boring fighters ever

he has glorified wins over injured hendo and robbie lawler years ago

other then that:
- the dude barely got past yoshihiro akiyama or demian maia
- on many peoples scorecards lost to martin kampmann,
- should have lost the tyron woodley fight

lost to all 3 top 10s he faced in ellenberger, lombard, gsp .etc

im absolutely amazed jake shields has made it this far. he's a great grappler but thats about it. frankly he has the worst striking at WW, I think matt hughes could have beaten him back in 2011 before he retired lol

Don't see how Hector Burkman is a mismatch burkmans a tough dude he's not just going to let Hector walk over him like everyone seems to think. Hector better hope he don't gas. With all that said Hector via UD.

nope

jake shields is one of the most boring fighters ever

he has glorified wins over injured hendo and robbie lawler years ago

other then that:
- the dude barely got past yoshihiro akiyama or demian maia
- on many peoples scorecards lost to martin kampmann,
- should have lost the tyron woodley fight

lost to all 3 top 10s he faced in ellenberger, lombard, gsp .etc

im absolutely amazed jake shields has made it this far. he's a great grappler but thats about it. frankly he has the worst striking at WW, I think matt hughes could have beaten him back in 2011 before he retired lol
lol

He probably needs one of these hanging on his locker.

dysfunctiondemotivator.jpg

Back