Why is Gunnar not helping Conor prepare for 202?

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Where is Gunnar and why is he not helping Conor prepare for 202?

Seems like Gunnar would be the obvious choice to invite to camp leading up to 202.

-Bigger and heavier guy
-Great ju-jitsu

gunnar_nelson3.jpg

he has given up on connie, he knows it's impossible to beat nate

you make a great point

Conor has Dillion and great boxing dudes.

If Conor went to the ground with Gunnar, he would get toyed so easily that it would fuck up his confidence.

Seriously though, good point.

Crazy how he always says that he has a tight circle and doesn't like training with new people

Gunnar would be ideal for prep, he'd mop the floor with Nate

He probably goes easy on Conor but still subs him in less than 1 minute

Crazy how he always says that he has a tight circle and doesn't like training with new people

Gunnar would be ideal for prep, he'd mop the floor with Nate

They where training not so long ago. Gunnar probably did not want to go to USA.

I don't know the reason for that too.

Last edited:
He probably goes easy on Conor but still subs him in less than 1 minute

That's what you'd want in a training partner, someone better than you so you can get better. You lose battles in training so you dont have to lose in war

Like Nate training with Andre Ward

If I remember correctly, he said in an interview after his last fight, that he wanted to spend the summer with his 2y old son, then fight 1 more time later this year.

Conor likes to hang around with ass kissing yes men like Artem and Ido Portal who will stroke his fragile ego. Gunnar doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

conor requested his boy artem replace gunnar as his main training partner.

Conor likes to hang around with ass kissing yes men like Artem and Ido Portal who will stroke his fragile ego. Gunnar doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

You make a great point.
If I remember correctly, he said in an interview after his last fight, that he wanted to spend the summer with his 2y old son, then fight 1 more time later this year.
He has given up on connie, he knows it's impossible to beat nate.
If Conor went to the ground with Gunnar, he would get toyed so easily that it would fuck up his confidence.

Seriously though, good point.

Last edited:
Conor has dillon danis and conor wallace(way better boxer than diaz not even close)

That's what you'd want in a training partner, someone better than you so you can get better. You lose battles in training so you dont have to lose in war

Yeah but Conor doesn't seem like the guy who likes to be pushed to his limit on a regular basis

They've been training together for years, Gunnar won't bring anything new to Conor's prep?

Have you watched the recent sparring video from Conor? He doesn't really want to lose in training, it would seem.

Gunnar wanted to spend time with his new family in Iceland. He was training with Conor before Conor left for America.

Gunny bless.

A better question is why isn't gunnar fighting on 202?

Back