Why is GSP willing to return against Woodley but not against Lawler?

So what? Jordan controls distance in a very good way and Robbie is a wild fighter, he was soundly outstriking Alves before the body shot.
When has Woodley soundly oustruck anyone that wasn't a quick R1 KO? The Rory fight we know how he did nothing, his striking looked far from great in the Gastelum fight as well.
So Robbie a wild fighter now lol ? Have you been watching his fights lately where his striking has been looking crisper than ever lol ? His striking looked far from great in the Gastelum fight ? He was banging Gastelums head like a drum lol, and Gastelum is a great striker. So he lost to Rory than when on the knock the shit out of the guy that took Rory's life lol. Please stop talking your not making any sense.
giphy.gif

GSP is the GOAT period. He can challenge Urijah Faber and it matters zero.

Always remember the greatest 5 round domination in the history of combat sports between a #1 and #2 fighter. GSP/Fitch. I challenge anyone anywhere to make a 1 fight highlight reel more dominant where it didn't end in a finish than that one. John was never the same for a reason.

Anywho. GSP = GOAT.

why did i spend most of my high school years jerking off instead of trying to get laid more?

cause it was easier.

duh.

So Robbie a wild fighter now lol ? Have you been watching his fights lately where his striking has been looking crisper than ever lol ? His striking looked far from great in the Gastelum fight ? He was banging Gastelums head like a drum lol, and Gastelum is a great striker. So he lost to Rory than when on the knock the shit out of the guy that took Rory's life lol. Please stop talking your not making any sense.
giphy.gif
Robbie is very technical, but is far away from being a defensive master, Johny, Rory and Condit tagged him a lot, that's why all of those fights were close, is it so hard to understand?
And if you think that the Gastelum fight was a masterful perfomance you are out of your mind, he looked gassed early and overweight Gastelum also looked horrible

Robbie is very technical, but is far away from being a defensive master, Johny, Rory and Condit tagged him a lot, that's why all of those fights were close, is it so hard to understand?
And if you think that the Gastelum fight was a masterful perfomance you are out of your mind, he looked gassed early and overweight Gastelum also looked horrible
It hard to understand how you come the conclusions you do lol. Just because he got hit by Carlos, Rory, and Condit does not = that hes a wild fighter lol. When your in a fight with Jonhy Hendricks, Carlos Condit, and Rory McDonald guess what your bound to get hit lol. Robbies defense is very good he has great head movement and footwork lol. I didnt say it was masterful peformance you said his striking didnt look great with is ridiculous because he was banging a unbeaten Kelvins head off lol.

GSP cherry picks his opponents. He never said a thing about a MW fight when Silva, Weidman and Rockhold were champs, but when Bisping gets the belt, GSP wants a crack at it, lol. Same with Lawler, GSP never mentioned him, then when a guy who got schooled by Rory and squeaked by Gastelum gets the belt, GSP wants a WW title fight. And he can't claim he wants a money fight because all of those former champs would have been a bigger draw vs GSP than the current champs.

When did GSP say he wasn't interested in Lawler? Bisping shot him down, but I don't remember him saying no to Robbie.

It hard to understand how you come the conclusions you do lol. Just because he got hit by Carlos, Rory, and Condit does not = that hes a wild fighter lol. When your in a fight with Jonhy Hendricks, Carlos Condit, and Rory McDonald guess what your bound to get hit lol. Robbies defense is very good he has great head movement and footwork lol. I didnt say it was masterful peformance you said his striking didnt look great with is ridiculous because he was banging a unbeaten Kelvins head off lol.
The Robbie fight was the one in which all 3 of them landed the most number of strikes in their career, and they fought 5 round fights before, so you have to at least agree that he's easier to get hit compared with other top welterweights.
He did beat Gastelum, but he didn't looked great in that fight, neither did Gastelum, I know Kelvin is a excelent fighter, but he looked very bad in a awful fight, if you have a nice memory you'll remember that, if not you can re-check this forum PBP.

If GSP gets a shot now its pretty hard not to believe he wasn't sitting it out because he didn't think he could beat Hendricks and Lawler.

Woodley has power but has also shown he can be outworked which is GSP's bread and butter.

Why are all other contenders that have actually been working their asses off being pushed to the side....

Moronic fan base that goes : OH YEAH GSP or FUCK YEAH DIAZ.

3 years and 6 years off = instant title shot.

Complete joke.
image.gif

The fight gods will punish him if he returns, desperately looking for the easiest fights he can get.

When did GSP say he wasn't interested in Lawler? Bisping shot him down, but I don't remember him saying no to Robbie.

Theres been hype behind other potential GSP matches bar the WW title then as soon as Lawler loses the belt GSP challenging for it starts to get talked up.

Theres been hype behind other potential GSP matches bar the WW title then as soon as Lawler loses the belt GSP challenging for it starts to get talked up.

Only thing I remember hearing from GSP himself was that he wanted Bisping, and now Woodley. I am asking because some have said GSP explicitly said he didn't want to fight Robbie.

GSP can "agree" to want to fight as many people as he wants, but at the end of the day as long as the Reebok deal is in place chances are very slim that GSP will sign a contract to fight.
Reebok would cut their own deal with GSP worth $$$$$

Only thing I remember hearing from GSP himself was that he wanted Bisping, and now Woodley. I am asking because some have said GSP explicitly said he didn't want to fight Robbie.

The rumours behind Conor were pretty strong as well, he obviously hasn't said he doesn't want to fight Lawler but why would he even if that were the case?

GSP is one of the chinnniest fighters in the UFC. It's like as soon as he states a hard shot, hi legs get weak, and he turns into a newborn deer. Lawler would neutralize his TD's, then presume to give him the worst beat down he's ever gone through,

The rumours behind Conor were pretty strong as well, he obviously hasn't said he doesn't want to fight Lawler but why would he even if that were the case?

I don't know, I am not big on speculation, nor am I trying to defend GSP from anything other than attributing to him wrongfully a claim. Also, I remember hearing reports of GSP saying he didn't think a fight with Conor was a good fit.

Last edited:
Cuz TYRUN is a better fighter than lawler,. Holy crap lawler nuthuggers make me laugh. Didnt even beat hendrick or Carlos eithway close as hell, Close means not that good despite you're enjoyment of bar fight lawler gets in

You will see both bar fighters RDA and Lawler sink like rocks as division(s) are stacked now

Obviously GSP has been taking and considering a comeback for sometime. Robbie was the long time champ and was running low on people to fight. GSP never said anything about returning against Lawler. But not that Lawler got beat and Woodley is the champ all of a sudden GSP agrees to fight him.

I believe that Tyrone is more dangerous than Lawler, faster, more 1 punch power, and good wrestling.

GSP would have UD'd Lawler but could be at a risk of getting KO'd/TKO'd against Woodley.

So, why did GSP agree to the Tyrone fight so quickly but not the Lawler one?

I honestly believe Lawler is VERY bad for a fighters health.
Both men are dangerous.

Woodley may knock you out cold. Goodnight, fight done.

But Lawler will punch you in the skull repeatedly and brutally for 5 rounds.
Lawler is savage.

Back