Why is GSP willing to return against Woodley but not against Lawler?

Obviously GSP has been taking and considering a comeback for sometime. Robbie was the long time champ and was running low on people to fight. GSP never said anything about returning against Lawler. But not that Lawler got beat and Woodley is the champ all of a sudden GSP agrees to fight him.

I believe that Tyrone is more dangerous than Lawler, faster, more 1 punch power, and good wrestling.

GSP would have UD'd Lawler but could be at a risk of getting KO'd/TKO'd against Woodley.

So, why did GSP agree to the Tyrone fight so quickly but not the Lawler one?

We really don't know what's going on right now. If the rumours are right, though, I'd say it has less to do with not wanting to fight Lawler than with wanting to fight Bisping. By the time that fell through, Lawler wasn't champ anymore.

inb4 50-45 GSP

I'm too late

Why are all other contenders that have actually been working their asses off being pushed to the side....

Moronic fan base that goes : OH YEAH GSP or FUCK YEAH DIAZ.

3 years and 6 years off = instant title shot.

Complete joke.

If you don't think gsp deserves a walk on title shot you are the complete joke

Also gsp called out Bisping as his return fight. Tyron called out gsp and gsp accepted. I'm sure if Robbie wanted the fight gsp would have also accepted

Why are all other contenders that have actually been working their asses off being pushed to the side....

Complete joke.

But he was champ when he retired. That's different than everyone else's situation.

because GSP and Tristar prepared Rory for months to fight Lawler, and took Rory home in pieces. GSP never said a word about Robbie Lawler, or returning at welterweight until Robbie was out of the picture.

Just because Woodley says they are working on it, doesn't mean it will happen. GSP better start his USADA testing, as he has to do it for at least 4 months right?

Woodley may have one punch knockout power but he also got outclassed technically by rory mcdonald. GSP got that jab to keep distance and if woodley comes in aggresive he can just plant him on his ass like he used to do. If he takes the fight he obviously thinks he can win.

I think GSP is being smart and picking his opponents. He knows Rory beat Woodley. He thinks he can beat Bisping. He wasn't so sure on Lawler. Thinking ahead, what does GSP do if he fights and beats Woodley? I doubt he wants to fight Wonderboy. He probably again tries to pick his opponent--someone like Diaz or someone he is pretty sure he can beat. Or maybe he retires again. Yes GSP is the man and way more marketable than Wonderboy, but they basically lose that opportunity with Wonderboy if GSP wins then ducks Wonderboy. GSP is less predictable as if he will even be around in 1 year. I just don't see GSP beating Wonderboy.

GSP is one of the most defensively sound fighters at WW, he probably backs himself to avoid Woodley for a round or so then dominate him.

Bit harder with a guy like Lawler who is dangerous for 25 minutes and has reasonable defensive wrestling and strength.

... Thinking ahead, what does GSP do if he fights and beats Woodley? I doubt he wants to fight Wonderboy. ...
Vacate 170 belt for WB to pursue. Then pursue superfights or MW belt immediate shitle tot.

Because Robbie lost?

This could be true

Lawler is not a fight that someone coming out of retirement probably wants

Nick Diaz is even making excuses for reason not to fight lawler
Kevin-Hart-What-GIF.gif
Yeah but the dude that knock Lawler the fuck out is lol ? You guys are seriously retarded lol.

GSP is one of the most defensively sound fighters at WW, he probably backs himself to avoid Woodley for a round or so then dominate him.

Bit harder with a guy like Lawler who is dangerous for 25 minutes and has reasonable defensive wrestling and strength.

Yeah, Woodly will probably start strong and slowly wind down. If GSP survives the first round or two, it's an easy fight after that.

GSP thinks he's can tire Woodley out probably. I personally think Woodley Matt Serra's him.

Complete joke.
Diaz doesn't make sense. GSP left with the belt and is considered the WW GOAT and arguably the mma GOAT. He deserves to cut the line.

GSP beats woodley easy

Styles make fights idiot
So Woodley who is a giant wrestler with bombs in his hands is a easier style than Robbie who has been beat dozens of times by grapplers lol ? One of us is an idiot and its not me lol. I think you been dropped one to many times if you think that Robbie is a tougher style against GSP than fucking Tyron Woodley lol.

Minus ring rust, GSP is in his physical prime. He's taken care of himself throughout his career, was in a 5-round war and took a long time off. The world's greatest WW who never lost his belt and is in his prime, regardless of a lay-off, and people are talking about what they think he does/doesn't deserve? There's so much disrespect coming from these forums.

Back