Why is GSP the "money fight?"

He's a nice guy and has a nice smile.

Whole country behind him

Homoerotica

Racism

Just my opinion I could be wrong. But homie is a boring ass fighter. I'd rather watch bar fighters like RDA and Lawler even.

1e6a617df9fcb2e879301c92f9713b0d_crop_north.jpg
Ronald MacDonald with a bad makeup day?

I guess you forgot that I said fighters who mattered.
How many fighters are out there that matter to you? Population of USA 320 million, what # of fighters mattered?
Guys like GSP are rare, regardless of where they come from

Since we are in the Money Fight era, which I am starting to seriously despise, I am curious as to why GSP is such a draw. I get that he won his last 12, which is extremely impressive, but look a little deeper and it's clear that people were catching up to GSP. In his last 13 wins, 10 were decisions(1 split vs Johny), 1 TKO against BJ Penn(who threw in the towel), 1 TKO against Matt Serra(knees to body), and 1 submission of A faded Matt Hughes. When added to the fact that he tapped to strikes and has been submitted, I'm kind of confused at the blind worship he is getting.
Admit it you just looked up his record on fight finder and have never seen him fight.

GSP gets the numbers cause he has more haters than nuthuggers. People watch so they can see him fall and gloat, just like RRR and Conor.

I hope all of you that think that it's only because he's Canadian realise that California has a larger population than Canada. He's also a French Canadian, so that will bring some hate from other provinces.

So you're clearly new to the game, but someone who just joined last week should have the sense to not question one of the all time greats without doing your homework.

GSP is a draw because: (1) he's one of the GOATS; (2) he put Canada on the MMA map, and has that entire country in his corner; (3) he seems like a really nice guy; and (4) between his inability to finish fights and his eccentricities (aliens and such), he provides enough fodder for haters, which actually helps his ppv numbers.

The loss to Serra happened more than 9 years ago. And the Hughes fight was 12 years ago. If you're fighting the best in your division every time out, and you only lose twice in a 10 year UFC career, that's pretty damn good. And add two title reigns, one being for 6 years. Yeah, he's a draw.

Admit it you just looked up his record on fight finder and have never seen him fight.

No really, Snyper said GSP was an inspiration to him when he himself was competing at WW........now where did I put that sarcastic emoji...

He's a big name and people will watch it.

GSP getting the fight isn't even about it being a money fight. He's the damn goat and he vacated his title. Instant title shot for him is the fucking default

If you have to ask you'll never get it

He's very popular with casuals up here in Canada. There are many people who would watch only the cards he was on.

But we don't have the population to get him 1 million PPV buys alone. There's more to it. He's good looking and has a superhero physique. Plus he was very dominant. One of the few champions to have had the aura.

Since we are in the Money Fight era, which I am starting to seriously despise, I am curious as to why GSP is such a draw. I get that he won his last 12, which is extremely impressive, but look a little deeper and it's clear that people were catching up to GSP. In his last 13 wins, 10 were decisions(1 split vs Johny), 1 TKO against BJ Penn(who threw in the towel), 1 TKO against Matt Serra(knees to body), and 1 submission of A faded Matt Hughes. When added to the fact that he tapped to strikes and has been submitted, I'm kind of confused at the blind worship he is getting.
The whole of Canada will be buying those PPV's, a large chunk of the US PPV buyers will gladly pay to see GSP return, the MMA Fans in Brazil, Mexico and other PPV buying countries will likely buy that PPV at a higher rate.

if you are on that card & get PPV points or gate points, your are set!

Your MMA knowledge: 0

Carlos Newton was a UFC champion. Rory MacDonald, David Loiseau, Mark Hominick and Patrick Cote all fought for UFC titles. T.J. Grant was granted a title shot before his injury that ended his career.

Stout, Goodridge, Horodecki, Kang, Doerksen, Misha Cirkunov, Jimmo, Makdessi, Mein, Alexis Davis, Sarah Kauffman, Letourneau, etc
Yeah and how many of those guys got deals with under armour? This thread is not about who has won some fights its about who is the money fight. GSP is the only superstar fighter from Canada is the point.

Yeah and how many of those guys got deals with under armour? This thread is not about who has won some fights its about who is the money fight. GSP is the only superstar fighter from Canada is the point.

I wasnt questioning the thread, I was questioning the guy who said GSP was the only fighter that ever mattered in Canada. Which is untrue. There has been other title holders and many other title contenders, they all mattered also. Just because they don't match GSP's drawing power doesn't mean they dont matter. Otherwise every American fighter other than Brock Lesnar doesn't matter either, by the same logic.

Last edited:
Do the Canadians have PPV for UFC fights?

Because he is the GOAT, of all divisions, and your hate threads while claiming to be a big GSP fan are hilarious. Maybe you should post with your real account?

He's the greatest fighter of all time. That plays a large role.
That's your opinion and I respect it. But I'd argue that he is the greatest point fighter of all time. And there is a huge, glaring difference between point fighting and fighting to finish.

GSP PPVs perform very well because he's a popular fighter. Lots of buys equals more money for fighters earning points on the card.

Back