Why is GSP the "money fight?"

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Since we are in the Money Fight era, which I am starting to seriously despise, I am curious as to why GSP is such a draw. I get that he won his last 12, which is extremely impressive, but look a little deeper and it's clear that people were catching up to GSP. In his last 13 wins, 10 were decisions(1 split vs Johny), 1 TKO against BJ Penn(who threw in the towel), 1 TKO against Matt Serra(knees to body), and 1 submission of A faded Matt Hughes. When added to the fact that he tapped to strikes and has been submitted, I'm kind of confused at the blind worship he is getting.

GOAT

Did numbers against nearly all his opponents in titlefights.

He's the greatest fighter of all time. That plays a large role.

Yes Gsp tapped to strikes. Bj pointed that out and proceeded to quit in his corner.. Nobody was hitting him in the corner..

Just cause you're not a fan doesn't negate the fact that he sells.

"He tapped to strikes " is by far one of the dumbest fucking criticisms I've read on this board. Yes, a guy tapped to getting punched in the fucking face over and over by another trained professional fighter. As to how someone somehow finds that shameful is beyond logic.

GSP is a draw because he's a legend of the sport. He has always had some of the best PPV numbers. People will watch if he came back.

The only blind thing in here is all the hate you've got for GSP. It's getting kind of embarrassing actually.

Because he's the only fighter who has ever matter in an entire country

original.gif

Yes Gsp tapped to strikes. Bj pointed that out and proceeded to quit in his corner.. Nobody was hitting him in the corner..

GSP also used greasy breathing techniques. Oh wait it was Phil Nurse, GSP didn't know he was getting lubed up...

He was a PPV KING back in the day.

No idea why. I think he's boring and predictable.

I don't think he's the goat but I understand and don't argue with people who say he is. He's done enough to be in contention. He's also won an absurd amount of rounds in a row.

Back