Why is Frankie taking the only dangerous fight when he could be the clear next

it's a great fight that we all have wanted to see happen at some point, but timing wise Frankie/Holloway is another great fight that should be happening now

I think he's still frustrated over taking a year off in the prime of his career to coach TUF and then fight the ghost of BJ Penn.

I couldn't even remember Frankie's last fight when I entered this thread.

Maybe one of the few positives (for the fans) of the Reebok deal is fighters making less money need to fight more often.

Frankie is a fighter. He doesn't seem like the type of guy that's going to sit. He has fought twice a year like clockwork going back to 07. The UFC wasn't going to let him sit either.

I can't imagine your average MMA fighter having "hella" commas in their bank account. Fighting Mendes, is risky; but this is what the sports about: putting on big fights.

Mad respect for Frankie for taking this fight.

Chad is the toughest possible match up for him outside of Aldo. And Chad will come in with a full camp as well. Great fight. Don't know who will win this.

He's fighting mendes ?? What the hell i wanted to see him versus holloway. Give mendes a break

Last edited:
I would guess to make some money and keep the rust off. I think he also feels pretty confident he can beat anyone they put infront of him who is not Aldo.

Cause he has balls, he not a pussy who shelves himself

I've gotta think Frankie makes much more than that in reality. Probably 500K +

Maybe, but he's probably also living in a nice house, has nice cars, want to save money for business after fighting, wants to save money for the kids' college

Because he's not a ducker, like certain other people in the UFC.

https://youtu.be/fC6S3o3CHbU?t=150

He said in this recent interview that he thinks he should be the number one contender for the winner of Aldo vs McGregor no matter what. Think he is in for a rude awakening if he loses to Chad though.

Frankie never was much of a baby huey,we seem to have alot of them in the UFC, frankie,cerrone,henderson are the men of men

Cause he knows he only gets "screwed" by the judges in title fights.

Barring eating a few big shots and rallying as usual, he will likely decision Mendes without issue.

Back