Why is everyone upset about Chael's 'potential' TS

Equidistant**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I keep reading how unfair it is for him to jump the line, again.
Chael defeating Vitor is incredibly unlikely and if by some miracle it happens, then good for Chael. Defeating Vitor warrants a TS imo, and I doubt any of us will have to worry about it. Vitor deserves the TS right now not Machida. I'm a big fan of Machida but he will lose to the Chris. Agree ?

If he beats Vitor, i have no problem with him getting a TS. but i'm saying he doesn't deserve a #1 contender fight coming off a loss.

I actually favor Machida over Weidman ever so slightly

Fans have to bitch about something I guess.

edit: in before legitimacy of MMA being ruined

he doesn't deserve a #1 contender fight coming off a loss.

I actually agree with you on that, however its better imo that he gets the contender fight, rather then scrapping the fight altogether. I'm more excited to see Vitor than I would have been to see Wandie blanketed for 2 1/2 rounds

Last edited:
Because he doesn't deserve that shit. His last win at MW was a while ago, Vitor on the other hand has two impressive finishes at MW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen Chael knocked out and sleeping I think Vitor will be able to do that before he Bob Sapp's himself another huge payday. If Chris beats Machida barring injury he and Vitor will be perfectly aligned to fight next defense

If Chris was in any other weight class I would <3 him because he's a fellow Long Islander
However he destroyed my fav fighter... twice. I only hope Machida loses so I can see Vitor vs Silva 2 down the line. If Machida wins I dont think he will ever fight Silva.

They're just disgruntled hipsters. It's part of their ethos to bitch and moan and this bit of news satisfies their daily fix.

If he didn't have a big mouth he'd be gone with the rest of the lay, hug and lie down crew of Okami, Askren, Fitch and Sheilds.

Chael is the most boring out of all of them fighting wise.

Beating Victor Belfort at 205 doesn't warrant you a MW title shot when there are guys like Jacare who've actually been fighting at MW. Jacare, Rockhold,or even Kennedy should be fighting Belfort for a title shot.

It's also because Chael already got a free shot at Jones for doing nothing at LHW. He earned both his title shots at MW but the LHW shot was a gift and now he gets another one.

Because if you care about the legitimacy of the rankings and sport then Chael getting another title shot after a win over Vitor at 205 is retarded.

Of course the usual suspects will act like that is just whining but the fact is why do we pretend that any fighter needs to build a resume and get things like wins over relevant opponents when in fact all that matters is the mouth and WWE promote.

Chael hasn't gotten old like Dan yet. Chael will take him down and dominate him like Dan did the first vitor fight.

They are fighting at 205 because of the short notice. Sparing both a needless weight cut.
Would you be less upset if the fight was at 185lbs? As best I can tell, most 185ers actual fight day weight is 200-210. If they had to both make 185 we would get a far shittier fight out of both of them without a proper camp and diet to reach 185.

The whole thing is a farce.
Chael goes from a so called grudge match with wandy who evades a drug test, to fighting vitor (who many speculate) just failed one, for a title fight at mw, despite the fact they are fighting at 205.
Vitor may not even get his licence to fight, if you remember he withdrew from his title because he couldn't compete without trt.
It is a joke because there are also other deserving fighters waiting in line for the title fight who are fighting at MW not LHW

Back