Why is everyone overlooking yoel romero?

Yeah, a lot of people are choosing Souza but I can see Romero stuffing the takedowns and landing some bombs.

That was a misleading angle/commentary. The kick actually landed on his back/shoulder, not his head. That's why he ate it like it was nothing. Because obviously a kick to the back/shoulder's not going to rock you.

YoelRomero1.gif

Look closely at where the kick actually lands people. If it was to the head, it's probably a KO.

It clearly hits the head, just look at how his head shakes after he eats it.

i dont think its overlooking, i think ppl are just very upset by his tactics. from stoolgate, to poopgate, to his age, to the way he acts and fights i think.

theres a lot of unnecessary hate for him. ppl should just think about it a little. rockhold was able to beat jacare.. rockhold was able to keep jacare in a stand up battle. romero has the better wrestling credentials. romero may even take him down and not fear jacares guard game as he hasnt shown to be an ace from that position.

i think it will all depend on striking. and i think romero should be thankful this is a 3 rounder not a main event of a fight night (imagine if this was the main event for the brazil fight night instead of mir vs bigfoot). this will be a close fight with lots of clinching and striking. both have been decent, but romero has been slightly better. i know ppl will point out, oh jacare outstruck k1 standout moose.... but if ur using that argument, you already lost.

This. Also, it's entirely contrary to the entire mindset of a guy who has devoted himself to wrestling. Getting taken down in his native sport is not something he'd just "allow" to happen for a lack of respect, especially since it means as much, and probably more in the sport he's ingrained into his instincts over the last twenty years or so. If he was able to stuff the takedowns he would have stuffed the takedowns.

He stuffed Kennedy with impunity who, while not an amazing wrestler, is a solid grinder who out MMA grappled roger Gracie and bisping (who gave chael a good fight where that was concerned). The idea that he was underestimating the difference between MMA wrestling and freestyle and that he didn't consider anyone a threat makes sense. Ever since that fight his wrestling has looked unstoppable. While his top control isn't anything special he is a freestyler after all.

I think he's good, but not good enough for the top 3. His cardio isn't there.

Because he got out wrestled by Derek Brunson.

Romero could take it, but his gas tank is still pretty suspect. I think it is a closer fight than people realize, but Jacare definitely has the edge. I'm really looking forward to it though.

Being a jiu jitsu guy i would love to see jacare with the belt but i dont see this fight as being easy,yoel is a dangerous fighter,he hits heavy and has the grapling to at least anule jacare jiu jistu so i dont think it will be easy for jacare at all.

Yoel is a beast and gets better every fight.

Lets just say if he started MMA a bit younger there is a good possibility that he would be champ right now.

Honestly he's clumsy. But I think he's good enough in all aspects to beat jacare if he can crack him

Romero barely squeaked by Kennedy by the seat of his pants. He'll have a tough time with Jacare on the feet and on the mat. No one is overlooking him, it's just Jacare's time (unless he faces Machida).

No. I posted a thread weeks ago asking if he's the best wrestler in the UFC and many said yes or near the top. He's just in a quiet period because of stool gate.

Jacare barely beat Kennedy too. Actually he looked way less dominant against Kennedy outside one controversial flurry.

From 2010? You think that's the same Jacare that KO'd Okami, out-wrestled Carmont, and submitted Mousasi?

Back