Why is everyone overlooking yoel romero?

lilwayne209**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It seems like all of you think than jacre is going to run through romero and get his shot at weidman. People are saying that yoel is too old at 37, but in his last fights he looked extremely athletic and lighting fast. He hits like a powerhouse and showed tremendous heart. It baffles me how people are overlooking this guy. I believe this guy will knockout jacre and take the belt from weidman.

[YT]MDscR7qZApM[/YT]

He's an amazing talent and a title would not surprise me.
But...and I don't know how to put it..he fight's weird. All the talent but they mesh together in a strange way. Like a sloppier Lombard.
And the Cavalcante fight was the first I remember seeing him.

It's a shame it has to be him or Jacare though.

Because he's actually not lightning fast.
He is in love with his standup, which is just ok.
He was getting outwrestled by Doyle Brunson.

And Jacare isn't really a great contender either.

The Rockhold/Machida fight is 10x higher level than Jacare/Romero.
Pretty poor matchmaking, if you ask me.
Machida should have fought Romero and Rockhold should have gotten Jacare.
They could have kept their two best contenders alive that way, but instead they're killing one of them off (Machida or Rockhold).

He's exciting as hell I look forward to his next fight.

The Tim Kennedy fight was fucking awesome.

I think he'll be in trouble if Jacare drags him down, but I could see him sprawl and brawling to a tko as well.

His age is irrelevant. He is still one of if not the most athletic guy in the upper weight classes. If he loeses it won't be because of age-related athletic decline, it will be because he lacked the sub defense.

Great title eliminator. I could easily see either dude taking the win. I think Jacare just seems to be in such a zone right now that it is tough to pick against him. However, I picked both Tavares and Kennedy over Yoel and ate crow on both those picks so I'm really feeling I shouldn't pick against the dude a third time.

Yoel is a beastly talent. If he lands the right shot on Jacare, all Jacares technical skills could be out the window.

/QUOTE]

The dude is pretty damn fast. He paces himself like everyone else, but when he explodes (insert inevitable poop joke) he is fast as hell.

Remember him chasing down Kennedy who was literally running away?

456280652-yoel-romero-punches-tim-kennedy-in-their-gettyimages.jpg

mma_romken_cr_600x600.jpg

I'll be discreet, but did a certain Mr Tim Kennedy make some sort of unfounded allegation?

I wouldn't know. I just read signs that are equivalent to like-fighters in the gym.

It seems like all of you think than jacre is going to run through romero and get his shot at weidman. People are saying that yoel is too old at 37, but in his last fights he looked extremely athletic and lighting fast. He hits like a powerhouse and showed tremendous heart. It baffles me how people are overlooking this guy. I believe this guy will knockout jacre and take the belt from weidman.

[YT]MDscR7qZApM[/YT]

Pretty good highlight video.
Absolute crap song though

He is in love with his standup, which is just ok.
He was getting outwrestled by Doyle Brunson.

And Jacare isn't really a great contender either.

The Rockhold/Machida fight is 10x higher level than Jacare/Romero.
Pretty poor matchmaking, if you ask me.
They could have kept their two best contenders alive that way, but instead they're killing one of them off (Machida or Rockhold).

Machida already had his shot and came short. To say Jacare isn't a great contender is just plain dumb.

Machida already had his shot and came short. To say Jacare isn't a great contender is just plain dumb.

Yeah... I mean Weidman's last title defense was against Machida, so wanting Machida to get another title shot is just stupid.

Because he lost to Tim Kennedy but cheated to win. Does that make sense?

Romero is one of the most overrated fighters in the UFC, no one is overlooking him

best neck and traps in the UFC since enhanced Overeem.

That's a good point. While I love the machida rockhold fight, I think it's stupid to ruin one of their title runs. And I would hate for one of them to lose.

Also, I believe Jacare is a very real threat to Chris and he deserves the next shot even though both machida and rockhold have the better resume.

Back