Why is everyone forgetting how good Schaub is?

Schaub is strong, fast, and atheletic.

Those are his two main big points.

He doesn't actually seem too great at any areas but can get by some off of his natural assets.

BJJ Phenom Schaub will neutralize Mitrione's game like he did many times before, my man. Watch out Cain, Brendan is coming.

i3IzIfG5jtFVH.gif

That match was hilarious.

But if you look at how it went down from a practical angle rather than an entertainment angle, Schaub did teach us that even a BJJ champ can't impose his will on a competent wrestler who doesn't want to engage.

'Good' is a relative term. He's in the UFC, so of course he is good. But every higher caliber opponent he's fought has left him staring up at the lights.

Maybe he beats Mitrione. But I'd be hesitant to pick him against a top 15 UFC heavyweight.

Haha thanks to TS for a good laugh!

The reason is his strength is striking and he can't trust his chin - his last fight proved that.

So he is a stand up fighter, afraid to stand up anymore.

Not good.

He's not that good

Fair-weather fans out here. Schaub is a super talented fighter who's beaten a lot of elite guys and was poised to be a contender less than two years ago.

Don't forget, he's only lost 3x, though all by knockout.

He's also beaten some solid fighters-- Cro Cop, Gonzaga, and Lavar Johnson.

He'll beat Mitrione and can hang at the top of the division, but likely won't be champ.

I'm not convinced by your post.

He's got a lot of talent, but his problem has been his chin.

He might just shutdown the entire HW division when he starts going for takedowns

This is a thread I never thought I would see here..
I think Schaub is a little better than what most people give him credit for but super talented?

No.

Schaub will be going for the takedown early against Meathead. If not, he

Big Country, Big Nog, and Big Ben all found him.

What's Matt's nickname?

Hahahaha. Interesting observation. He did beat Lavar "Big" Johnson though.

Still, does Schaub hold the all time record for fighting guys nicknamed Big?

Mitrione ko rd 1..shaub has great boxing but just like jorge santiago another one with standup judt cnt take the elite level punch

I agree TS. I don't like Schaub, but he's not some bum. He's a pretty good fighter, I see him beating Mitrione.

I normally would never "hate" on a MMA fighter but Brendan Schaub is a scumbag
(Taking the piss out of BJJ competition and claiming to have "shutdown" the game of Cyborg and the way way he goes about it, acting like he is the man....what a (cannot use those words)

Will be great to see him KOd....again

Last edited:
Fair-weather fans out here. Schaub is a super talented fighter who's beaten a lot of elite guys and was poised to be a contender less than two years ago.

Don't forget, he's only lost 3x, though all by knockout.

He's also beaten some solid fighters-- Cro Cop, Gonzaga, and Lavar Johnson.

He'll beat Mitrione and can hang at the top of the division, but likely won't be champ.

Nice troll post.

1. Schaub never had fans
2. Schaub will never be a top fighter

Back