Why is everyone forgetting how good Schaub is?

He looks pretty good against the Chris Tuscherer's and Chase Gormley's of the world.

Otherwise... meh :/

Fair-weather fans out here. Schaub is a super talented fighter who's beaten a lot of elite guys and was poised to be a contender less than two years ago.

Don't forget, he's only lost 3x, though all by knockout.

He's also beaten some solid fighters-- Cro Cop, Gonzaga, and Lavar Johnson.

He'll beat Mitrione and can hang at the top of the division, but likely won't be champ.
All his losses by knockout is striking evidence of how not good he is.

in what universe was lavar johnson a solid fighter? he was probably the most one dimensional fighter the ufc has ever seen with no cardio.

Sure he's good. But he's a chinny boxer. I will never emotionally invest in a fighter like that. What's the point.

He just isn't a good fighter. He's going to hug Mitrione to a decision or get ktfo.

Multi time world champ couldn't do anything, game got shut down. Cyborg tried his best to get Schaub to play his game, couldn't come close. Royce said Schaub won, I agree.

You's need to stop listin' to those voices in yo head, bro. Schaub's boxin' is sumtin' else.

Do I look like I'm kidding?

Cool so if I fight mike tyson and just run away I win cool. What schaub did is the equivalent of dropping to your back in an attempt to get your opponent to jump in your gaurd in mma. Its boring and it doesnt win fights.

hes ok- its his chin thats bad, and unfortunately, no matter how good you are, if your chin is that bad it doesnt really matter

I keep seeing people talk about Schaub's speed, I don't get it, he is quicker than average but Mitrione actually has faster hands and quicker footwork, Mitrione has the speed advantage.

Mitrione should KO Schaub.

BJJ Phenom Schaub will neutralize Mitrione's game like he did many times before, my man. Watch out Cain, Brendan is coming.

i3IzIfG5jtFVH.gif

I love what you quoted and love the GIF. Great!

Schaub is OK, but his chin lets him down and if he keeps 'winning' but holding dudes down he will get the Fitch treatment upon his next loss.

His boxing. I'd take his boxing against anyone in the HW division. He's in a different timezone when it comes to speed.

His jiu jitsu. He shut down a multi time world champ in BJJ.

LOL no, just no. He got handled by crocop for the majority of their fight and knocked out multiple times.

Schaub vs Mitrione seems pretty even to me. I favor Mitrione.

I'd also be interest in Schaub vs Vera, truthfully.

His boxing. I'd take his boxing against anyone in the HW division. He's in a different timezone when it comes to speed.

His jiu jitsu. He shut down a multi time world champ in BJJ.

If you are talking about the metamoris challenge thing, he just ran away for the entire match. he refused to engage. so yes, in a way he "shut down a bjj champ" but not with bjj. Just refused to go to the ground.

Schaub is pretty fast and has decent boxing. Big Country, Big Nog, and Big Ben all found him.

What's Matt's nickname?

Back