Why is everyone forgetting how good Schaub is?

mauricesmithfan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Fair-weather fans out here. Schaub is a super talented fighter who's beaten a lot of elite guys and was poised to be a contender less than two years ago.

Don't forget, he's only lost 3x, though all by knockout.

He's also beaten some solid fighters-- Cro Cop, Gonzaga, and Lavar Johnson.

He'll beat Mitrione and can hang at the top of the division, but likely won't be champ.

LOL, he'll completely shut down mitrione's game. we all know this!

good? at what?

His boxing. I'd take his boxing against anyone in the HW division. He's in a different timezone when it comes to speed.

His jiu jitsu. He shut down a multi time world champ in BJJ.

cuz he's a boxing centric mma fighter who got dropped hard when his chin got touched. he went down so fucking hard against Nog, and again against Rothwell. and against Lavar Johnson he did everything he could to avoid getting decked again.

can he repeat his run from 2010, in 2013-2014? maybe. or is the last 1.5 years a strong suggestion that whatever chin he relied on during golden gloves isn't there anymore?

we shall see.

regardless, the only question is whether he's top 12 or top 30, not like anyone is debating whether he's top 10 or top 5...

a better question is, why do you insist he's so good, after his last 3 bouts? and do you also insist ANYONE who has the chance of staying in roughly the top 9 or top 11 is good in all divisions, or just him in HW?

Last edited:
I was wondering about that as well when I saw everyone picked Mitrione as a favorite to beat him up.

He has a decent well-rounded skillset and I think we'll see it put to use to get the win this saturday!

Uneducated fans have turned him into a joke, he is a legit HW though.

Schaub is a super talented fighter who's beaten a lot of elite guys

Name one?

Cro Cop was a shell of his former self, his last great win was Barnett in 2006, 5 years earlier.

Gonzaga? Has a incredibly shocking chin, whos last good win was Cro Cop, 3 years before.

Those are the only wins who could be called elite by some people, and both were miles past it.

His boxing. I'd take his boxing against anyone in the HW division. He's in a different timezone when it comes to speed.

His jiu jitsu. He shut down a multi time world champ in BJJ.

G7X8

This is hooooow, you remiiiiind Schaub of who really is. Is this how you remiiiiind him of what he really is?

He isn't good, and he made a mockery of an elite bjj competion. I hate him......;)

Back