why is diego fighting melendez?

I'm not contesting that point per se, its just that the OP and other people on this forum seem to think that Gil is going to run through Diego without much effort. Remember that Sanchez has a chin of granite and goes 100% from start to finish.

Bring on the fireworks.

Melendez is probably not gonna run through Diego but I think he is going to dominate the fight. IMO Melendez is better than Diego in any aspect beside heart, they are even on this. So 100% Diego is still inferior to 100% Melendez and a chin of granite is probably gonna do more harm than good for Diego.

I think there is a good chance that Melendez will win by UD and take little to no damage. Melendez probably gonna go in and out and pick Diego apart and he is not gonna commit into any wild exchange. The only possible way to finish Diego is probably a stoppage due to cut.

Easy win =/= easy finish. Diego wasn't in that fight for a minute, but he's so goddamn tough that he was able to hang in there until the uncharacteristic head kick busted him open.

Same could be said for GSP vs. Hardy, for example.

Fair enough. I was just trying to point out that Sanchez has some durability, love him or hate him. When I think of an "easy" fight I picture an instance like Marquardt's win over Maia (limited exertion, early stoppage).

As a side note, I remember between rounds during the Penn fight where some dude in BJ's corner was like "this guys got shit." As much as I wanted Diego to pull the upset, I had to agree.

Back