Why is Daniel Cormier considered a 'bad guy' and gets more boos than Jon Jones?

Once you cheat it is safe to assume you always cheated..

Correct. I believe Anderson Silva said something along these lines as regards PED cheats and after Silva got popped for PED's himself, Bisping said he felt Silva had cheated his whole career.

Once you're popped, your reputation is gone.

Even Brock was able to claim legitimacy until he got popped.

I don't get it. He is well spoken, an amazing fighter, and he seems like a great guy. I think the people booing Cormier are just insecure, unintelligent, immature, small minded Neanderthals. Have some respect for the guy. He has fought much bigger top level guys, something Jones has never done and never will do. Cormier lost to Jones, but it was a close fight and there is no shame in losing to one of the best the MMA world has ever seen.

this is 2016 alot of people dont gravitate to the good guy anymore people like the bad guy rebel more

It's like the girl who likes you, and tries too hard to make you like them. Rarely works. We want the girl who doesn't like us and makes poor choices. Explains so much of my life. Dang.

Well he's been better than everyone besides Jones, who has torpedoed his own career. Nothing about Cormier has made me think of him as a "bad guy".
Agreed. He's not a bad guy at all. In fact, he's a good guy with many redeeming qualities. He just comes out as condescending and self-righteous. That doesn't make you a bad guy, it just shows that you don't understand "showbusiness".

Like I said earlier, you don't win fans by claiming you're the better man. If you want to claim you're better, restrict your claim to fighting. Don't go around saying "look at this guy, he drives drunk and smokes weed. Now look at me and behold how better I am: I don't drink, don't smoke, never had an accident and my farts smell good."

That's not the direction you're supposed to take! DC succeeded at the impossible: he made Jon likable after years of hatred!

Agreed. He's not a bad guy at all. In fact, he's a good guy with many redeeming qualities. He just comes out as condescending and self-righteous. That doesn't make you a bad guy, it just shows that you don't understand "showbusiness".

Like I said earlier, you don't win fans by claiming you're the better man. If you want to claim you're better, restrict your claim to fighting. Don't go around saying "look at this guy, he drives drunk and smokes weed. Now look at me and behold how better I am: I don't drink, don't smoke, never had an accident and my farts smell good."

That's not the direction you're supposed to take! DC succeeded at the impossible: he made Jon likable after years of hatred!

I hear what you're saying. However how the hell is Cormier supposed to ignore what Jones has done? Jones has destroyed his own legacy with his own actions.

Personally I think people are just turned off by DC's personality. He comes off as kind of a dweeb.

That's the typical loud mouth beer swilling fan though. I could care less; I love watching the guy fight. He's an animal.

Cuz people are stupid as fuck. Stupid gonna stupid. I didn't side with either. Cormier is just annoying as fuck. He acts so beta. He tries to hard to be alpha that he comes off as beta. I don't mind betas, don't get me wrong, I don't have a boner for alphas, I just don't like it when betas try so hard to be alpha. Like, dude, you're one of the best fighters in the world, just stfu and fight. Why try to win over stupidass, drunkass fans? Can't you see they're just as coke'd up/ drunk as Jones? Jones is a proven cheater inside and outside the cage. Who gives a shit what the casuals or even the stupid hardcores say? We know he eye poked Glover, Shogun, Page, and you. We know he's a proven roider. If anyone wants to cheer for a man like that then let them.

That's why I don't like Cormier. He's trying to identify with a dumbass fanbase. Then you have the way he looked at Cain in the press conference. Man, that shit was disgusting. Not to mention he tries to dominate other people in the fox show. I don't appreciate that. I just don't like Cormier. Don't like Jones either.

Because he is from Louisiana but speaks with a Wisconsin accent.

i think everyone liked him till he tried to play heel and failed miserably

635624675_1326456.gif

Cuz his mouth,in past.J.J was best fighter,with biggest fan base

I mean, I know he's ducking full camp Pat Cummins but he seems like an OK dude.

Jon Jones says he is sober for 3 months and everyone applauds Jones. I don't get it.

UFC fans are racist.

People find him corny.

Not me personally, I think he's great - he's a fantastic champ and he has been in some great fights. Add to that he only ever lost to Jones (who has since been busted for taking a banned substance and had very fishy numbers during some of the DC testing) while beating some of the very best LHWs around and being udefeated against some excellent HWs.

I guess people will feel however they like about him but he's champ now so anybody who dislikes him is stuck with him!

I don't think this is true.

If DC had more charisma, he could go high and mighty on Jon Jones and people would eat it up.

If he has the charisma of someone else, whether it be a Conor trash talking personality or a GSP classy personality, he could critique Jones and people would cheer him.

But DC has no charisma. People find him flat. The fact his fight style isn't the most exciting doesn't help. Jones is a dynamic fighter, DC is not.

Cuz people are stupid as fuck. Stupid gonna stupid. I didn't side with either. Cormier is just annoying as fuck. He acts so beta. He tries to hard to be alpha that he comes off as beta. I don't mind betas, don't get me wrong, I don't have a boner for alphas, I just don't like it when betas try so hard to be alpha. Like, dude, you're one of the best fighters in the world, just stfu and fight. Why try to win over stupidass, drunkass fans? Can't you see they're just as coke'd up/ drunk as Jones? Jones is a proven cheater inside and outside the cage. Who gives a shit what the casuals or even the stupid hardcores say? We know he eye poked Glover, Shogun, Page, and you. We know he's a proven roider. If anyone wants to cheer for a man like that then let them.

That's why I don't like Cormier. He's trying to identify with a dumbass fanbase. Then you have the way he looked at Cain in the press conference. Man, that shit was disgusting. Not to mention he tries to dominate other people in the fox show. I don't appreciate that. I just don't like Cormier. Don't like Jones either.
"The way he looked at Cain in the press conference"?

What are you even talking about?

DC body change since usada.

As for DC, he is Dana corporate bitch.

Back