Why is Dana protecting Ronda Rousey?

You guys are all arguing with an extremely dense 13 y/o... Just saying, he's so "backinthedayMMA" that he didn't know about the first Tate fight... Just walk away
Ask your mom do i feel like a 13 yr old. lol

People keep ignoring that Cyborgs walk around weight is the same as McGregor. I think she's ducking Conor.

Werdum is ducking Seth Rollins. We all know who the real HW Champion is.

Not an excuse, but a factual reason: she doesn't run the company who makes these decisions, if she publically stated she would take the fight at 140 tomorrow ufc still wouldn't put it on till they could protect their assets.
So...the title of my thread is correct. Protecting Ronda!!

So...the title of my thread is correct. Protecting Ronda!!

protecting their company from stupid business decisions.
They wont spend millions of dollars promoting an athlete to come fight one of their athletes for just one fight and then let the other athlete walk to another org. Its really simple
You are 13y/o aren't you?

And after this fight at 140 what do you oppose the ufc to do with cyborg??
This is the thing that should be obvious to everybody. The UFC is not going to put Rousey in a fight against someone who 1) has a realistic chance of winning and 2) will never make another dime for the UFC if she wins. The money doesn't make sense. Even if the one-off fight could do huge PPV numbers, a loss would kill all of Rousey's future PPV numbers and wreck the women's bantamweight division.

Your link doesn't show Dana, or anyone authorized to speak on behalf of the UFC, endorsing a catchweight fight at 140...which is what you claimed. I see Cyborg and the media talking in a post-fight conference, blowing smoke, as usual.

Here is Dana speaking on it, as recently as five days ago, August 2nd, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWRKoIGrGDs

"The day she makes the weight [135], that fight's on. She has to make the weight, she has to compete [fight] at that weight, and she has to be healthy." - Dana White

Very clearly, nobody but Cyborg and Co. is endorsing a 140lb contest.

It would be a shitty divison you could build up thru a tuff with cyborg RR coaching. Other then fighting at 135, this is the only other option. So to me if cyborg cant and wont even try to make the weight she should try pushing for this option so atleast she has a home in the ufc. Once there, there is many more possibilities of this fight happening.
Doesn't mean ronda would still have to agree fighting her above 135, that's her call, but at least there is another option, as a fan of both id love to see them go at it, any weight class, but I understand business enough to know why 135 or nothing in the ufc at this current time

I think it is crap that Brock had to cut back on the weight lifting in order to reduce his muscle mass to make 265. I know the UFC has no SHW, but they should just make one for him so that he can weigh whatever he wants so that when Werdum fights him again he will have to fight 100% Brock, instead of a smaller Brock.

If Brock outweighs Werdum by only 30 pounds that isn't fair, that is Brock in a weakened state. He should be able to outweigh opponents by 60 lbs+ or else Werdum is ducking and the UFC is protecting him.

So if Brock wins I know there will be nobody else for him to fight because there is no legit competition at SHW, and it would be a huge waste of time for Werdum, but I don't care, I just don't like Werdum and it infuriates me that he is so skilled, so good and so popular. I just want to see him get punched in the face, I don't care if he has to fight somebody way bigger or if that person has been busted for steroids.

Besides, they an always do a SHW TUF and build a division around Brock if they want.

So, here are a few things:

1. A few people on here have said Cyborg isn't a cheater. Yes, I know she has tested clean recently, but she was caught taking steroids. That makes her a cheater. End of story. http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/CSAC-Cris-Cyborg-Suspended-for-Anabolic-Steroid-Use-38837

2. The whole catch weight thing makes no sense. There is no weight class at 140. Why would they fight there. What happens if they do and Cyborg wins? At that point do they just release her because there isn't a weight class for her?

3. There is a HUGE weight disparity between Rousey and Cyborg. Cyborg weighs 175 lbs. Rousey has stated she is weighing around the low 150s. This is a 20 lb difference. That is a quite the large muscle weight advantage for Cyborg. When Cyborg says she can't cut down to 135 it is specifically because she is gaining more muscle weight. According to the Dolce artice (http://mmajunkie.com/2015/03/mike-dolce-calls-out-cris-cyborg-shes-creating-barrier-so-she-cant-fight-rousey) during her supposed trip down from 145 to 135 she has actually gained 10 lbs. All these people who say she is doing everything she can are wrong.

4. Cyborg can say what she wants about being the best in the world, and I am not going to critique her abilities, but she is fighting in a division with either limited talent or bloated fighters who should be fighting lighter. Even Yamanaka, who she used steroids against, was usually a lighter fighter. Unfortunately for them, since the UFC picked up the 135 division, if you aren't in the UFC you either have to fight at 125 or 145 for the most part. Take a look at the rankings for the 145 division and you will find very few reputable names. I hate to discredit fighters, but they are mostly up and comers, people who have been around for awhile but not that good, or a few good veterans who for some reason just haven't been picked up to fight in the UFC at 135 (probably because they have already been beaten by Rousey, Tate, Kaufman, or some combination of the 3).

I've watch this sport for along time and i know bullshit when i hear it. 1st They ignored Cyborg like she didn't win 2 belts. 2nd Ronda said Criss needs to make weight. 3rd She hide behind Dana saying it's up to him instead of just saying i want to fight her. 4th She said i cant fight her cause of steroids.

Like Tito O said "Cyborg is doing everything to make the fight happen".

Can you please detail what Cyborg has done to make it happen (or are you being legit sarcastic?) Cyborg asked to be released from the organization where Ronda fights. She gained 15 pounds in the last three years while she should have been losing weight. Please just fucking tell us what all Cyborg has done to make it happen.

I think it is crap that Brock had to cut back on the weight lifting in order to reduce his muscle mass to make 265. I know the UFC has no SHW, but they should just make one for him so that he can weigh whatever he wants so that when Werdum fights him again he will have to fight 100% Brock, instead of a smaller Brock.

If Brock outweighs Werdum by only 30 pounds that isn't fair, that is Brock in a weakened state. He should be able to outweigh opponents by 60 lbs+ or else Werdum is ducking and the UFC is protecting him.

So if Brock wins I know there will be nobody else for him to fight because there is no legit competition at SHW, and it would be a huge waste of time for Werdum, but I don't care, I just don't like Werdum and it infuriates me that he is so skilled, so good and so popular. I just want to see him get punched in the face, I don't care if he has to fight somebody way bigger or if that person has been busted for steroids.

Besides, they an always do a SHW TUF and build a division around Brock if they want.

WOW, you went full retard, I love it. im not evemn quite sure you understand what side im taking here, you just wanted a chance to go full retard and ran with it

But if there was a competing org like pride still around, and they had a weight limit above HW who had a star that many thought was the best in the world, then it would also be a possibility to do a SHW tuff and bring that person over for a super fight. But creating a weight class for them to compete in after.

You honestly have no idea what your talking about or where I stand on the subject, Full retard man, I love it. possibly the biggest crash post ive ever read on sherdog, well played clayj

""Again, the UFC could create a 145-lb division. Then a Rousey-Cyborg match at 145 would have the lure of Rousey possibly becoming a two-division champ, like Randy or BJ did. Then it would make sense for Rousey, having cleaned out the 135-lb division, to move up."

"and who would be in this 145 class? Please, tell us how it would work. ""

Ha. Marketable women fighters at 145 are scarce, partly because Cyborg has wrecked so many. It would take time to develop the class, same as it has the rest of the business. Years. But a Cyborg-Rousey big money match would alert other female athletes to the potential. So, while it wouldn't be worth it just to promote one mega-fight, it might be worth it as an investment by the UFC to develop what could become a viable and profitable division.

No, it really wouldn't work. Most of Cyborg's opponents have been 125 and 135 pounders who went up for the paycheck. There are actually, very, very few girls in that class who are legit size-wise.

At the moment, people are paying to see Ronda fight, it doesn't matter about the opponent. Therefore it makes good business to have her fight often.
Once she beats cyborg there really will be no Interest left in WMMA so they are saving that fight for her final one

Well Cyborg agreed to Olympics style drug testing so what's the next excuse Ronda has? http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=AB47451C6E1C8AE43D1BAB47451C6E1C8AE43D1B
Next excuse?

New research suggests that athletes who use steroids for a short period can benefit for their entire careers http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24730151

That^ of course is not an excuse. It is fact.

Oh, and ffs can someone please enroll Cyborg in some English classes?

Back