Why is Dana protecting Ronda Rousey?

She agreed to 140 so it's Ronda's move cause Cyborg is doing everything to lay all excuses to rest. http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-cris-cyborg-to-ronda-rousey-this-fight-has-to-happen-080515

Doing "everything" would be actually making 135 (which she hasn't).

There is a CONTRACT already signed by Cyborg to make 135 for a Rousey fight. In other words, everyone has already done their part except Cyborg.

What you're asking for is Dana to ignore the legal Agreement he already has IN HAND for a 135 pound Cyborg. And for what?

Just make 135. If she couldn't make 135, she shouldn't have signed the contract, she shouldn't have cashed and spent the checks from Zuffa that they're giving her while she's supposed to be making 135, and she shouldn't have told everyone that she was going to make 135.

How you see the UFC and Rousey as the "bad guys" in this story is mind boggling. Cyborg is taking MONEY on a signed CONTRACT to make 135. Not to "say" that she's making 135, but to actually MAKE 135.

Good post!! I dont feel none her mass is do to drugs. I think even GINA was stronger then Ronda.

You are arguing that the muscle mass of the extremely muscular woman who has tested positive for steroids could not possibly be due to steroids, because that's how you "feel".

0/10

Well Cyborg agreed to Olympics style drug testing so what's the next excuse Ronda has? http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=AB47451C6E1C8AE43D1BAB47451C6E1C8AE43D1B

To simply put it, ronda does not make the decisions for the business of Zuffa, There is no weight limit above 135 for Wmma, so if they did the fight the way you want to see it, cyborg would have to walk on to another org after. Which makes no sense for zuffa the company. To promote her to fight ronda would involve a big investment into cyborg, you wouldn't want to do the fight without protecting your assets. You need to do it in a way both parties can continue to generate you a profit after. Like someone else mentioned earlier which was a great post, this isn't backyard street fighting, its prize fighting. Theres business involved and in order for it to make sense, it needs to make sense for their business

Well Cyborg agreed to Olympics style drug testing so what's the next excuse Ronda has? http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=AB47451C6E1C8AE43D1BAB47451C6E1C8AE43D1B

Cyborg signed a contract and accepted MONEY to honor that contract to make 135.

How would you feel if you negotiated an agreement with someone, paid them several hundred thousand dollars, and they suddenly said, "Oh, I know I signed this contract but I still want to do things on the terms you didn't want before."

This isn't even a debate until Cyborg either honors her contract and makes 135, or she decides to void the contract and pay Zuffa back every red cent.

Aside from all the other issues, on principle alone the UFC shouldn't give an inch otherwise every fighter and their kid brother would think they can sign a contract with Zuffa or the UFC and do whatever they want.

Ronda is quite comfortable where she is. Cyborg is the one whining and griping for the fight. If she wants it, she needs to come get it. It isn't up to Ronda to come to her.

As far as Cyborg agreeing to this or that, she also agreed to go to 135 in the past. She didn't live up to that, did she?

Cyborg has no credibility. None.

If she wants the fight. She knows how to get it. She doesn't want the fight. She wants to talk. She uses Ronda's name to try to become relevant. She isn't.

They could do 140 catchweight non title fight. There are zero excuses.

Catchweights are for people that fail to make weight the day before the fight, so the fight can actually happen, and for supposed superfights, usually between noteworthy veterans. They're not for people that refuse to fight in an existing weight class.

Again with this Cyborg-is-Rousey-killer nonsense. Even at 140 I would take Tate over Cyborg to beat Ronda. The only reason she's perceived as a threat to Rousey is her size. There hasn't been a correlation between Invicta success and UFC success the same way there hasn't been a correlation between Pride and UFC.

They could do 140 catchweight non title fight. There are zero excuses.

Cyborg could stop trying to outweight her opponents by 20 or 30 pounds, drop a little muscle and make 135 so that we can see a title fight on a level playing field. No excuses.

would love to see cyborg pass a random drug test right now.

UFC has been talking about a catch weight fight t 140. Am questioning DANA and i do believe he is in the ufc. lol
Do you have a site for this? Because all along, I think Dana has made the path to Ronda very clear: 135 or bust.

I've seen members of the press, other fighters, and Cyborg talk about a catchweight fight, but nothing endorsed by the UFC or Dana.

"UFC president Dana White has stated numerous times the promotion will not consider a catchweight fight between Rousey and Justino"

UFC is currently pushing a hard drug policy. They have a clean champ, who makes every fight on a rigorous schedule, and she has shouldered an entire division as a new entry into the sport. Business is good and she is your ideal, reliable fighter, who stays out of trouble and doesn't make gaffes all over the place. Why on earth should the UFC give a character like Cyborg an open opportunity to make a bunch of money and run a drive-by on one of their assets, with little to no risk to Cyborg?

Scenario 1. Cyborg loses, nobody cares.
Scenario 2. She wins, 15 people on Sherdog (with multiple accounts, each) rejoice, but she can't make 135 reliably, and so she bounces from the scene.

How does this benefit the UFC, long-term?

135 or bust.

Most mma fans know that the only fight that makes sense is Ronda vs Cyborg but for some reason Dana is pushing Miesha Tate vs Ronda pt 2.

Cyborg has always fought an up hill battle to get the respect even though she has been Strikeforce champ & current Invicus champ. Recall how strikeforce built up GINA CARANO w/marketing mag covers and movies cause she was tough and pretty but when she finally faced Cyborg it was over. then Gina left the sport.

Dana is doing the same crap by protecting his cash cow & the company face of women's mma. He knows Cyborg is a wrecking ball!! I maybe old school but i only want the best to face the best and not let money & politics get in the way.

Ronda would all her excuses about it's up Dana who i fight and now she starting rummors about Cyborg being juiced up. WTF...just say your scared!!

The reason is that Cyborg hasn't made 135 yet. A superfight with someone who doesnt have a division in your org is dumb, and it's a shallow division at that so not worth making one for in case she won

It'd be a bad precedent for this fight to happen at anything other than 135. If it happened at 140, or 145, then there'd be no reason fighters in the future couldn't demand similar treatment and then you'd end up with a boxing-esque situation where fights only happen when the fighters want them to happen.

Secondly if it were to happen at 145 and cyborg won then the ufc would be under pressure to create a 145 pound division which would then take talent away from 135, and let's face it the 135 division is not exactly stacked with top end fighters.

As for people saying the UFC protecting Ronda, or Ronda ducking etc you might be right. As soon as Ronda loses the UFC loses cash and Ronda's drawing power is instantly diminished, maybe she's holding off until she's taken another big payday from Miesha Tate before risking everything against Cyborg. Also can you imagine Dana being happy with cyborg as champ? she's not going to be reliable when it comes to making 135 pound weight limit and she's not exactly the most aesthetically pleasing individual either.

You are arguing that the muscle mass of the extremely muscular woman who has tested positive for steroids could not possibly be due to steroids, because that's how you "feel".

0/10
That was then this is now!! Should i go through the list of fighters who did steroids once got clean and came back. Cyborg agreed to be tested and drop to 140 so next move or excuse is on Ronda.

That was then this is now!! Should i go through the list of fighters who did steroids once got clean and came back. Cyborg agreed to be tested and drop to 140 so next move or excuse is on Ronda.

how many of those people who popped added high amounts of muscle mass AFTER getting popped?

Again, the UFC could create a 145-lb division. Then a Rousey-Cyborg match at 145 would have the lure of Rousey possibly becoming a two-division champ, like Randy or BJ did. Then it would make sense for Rousey, having cleaned out the 135-lb division, to move up.

Cyborg has missed weight at featherweight before, and she fought in Lion Fights at welterweight. I don't like extreme weight cutting, and I don't think Cyborg should come down to 135. If that means they don't fight, so what? Is what it is - too far apart in weight.

Again, the UFC could create a 145-lb division. Then a Rousey-Cyborg match at 145 would have the lure of Rousey possibly becoming a two-division champ, like Randy or BJ did. Then it would make sense for Rousey, having cleaned out the 135-lb division, to move up.

Cyborg has missed weight at featherweight before, and she fought in Lion Fights at welterweight. I don't like extreme weight cutting, and I don't think Cyborg should come down to 135. If that means they don't fight, so what? Is what it is - too far apart in weight.

and who would be in this 145 class? Please, tell us how it would work.

If they wanted an even more shallow and mocked division than 135. There's isnt even a decent Top 5 in that division these days

Back