Why is Conor vs Khabib not being promoted?

They are waiting for Khebab to pull out so they can promote the real fight.

They haven't even started a press tour yet... This fight will break numbers.... and destroy them if done right.

This video came out today, but not much else.

If you think back to the Chad Mendes fight there were live bands playing, before the Aldo fight there was that huge world tour, both Diaz fights and the Eddie fight had conferences.

What is going on, what's the reasoning behind so little promotion?

there no need to promote the biggest fight in ufc history.

what else can you do about it. more billboards more tweets about it.,

what live bands will the ufc put on on 8/13. fight sweek there be a presser about it but what else are you talking about.

I can't wait for the trashtalk.

I think Khabib will do a lot better than expected and burn McGregor with his hilarious broken english.
Agreed. Khabib creates instant catchphrases in large part due to how awesome things sound with his accent.

"This is numba one Bullshit" - coming from Kenny Florian, Anthony Pettis or Thug Rose would not have had the same affect and gone viral like it did.

Because despite all the praise they get the ufc is shit at actually promoting their events and are expecting conor to do all the work for them.

If you don't believe that then take a look at dc vs Stipe. Champ vs champ which should have been an easy sell but they did next to nothing to promote the event.

What the fuck are you people smoking.

EVERY fight need to be promoted.

I have to admit it's weird that we're not seeing anything spectacular yet. But it's still a long way to go.

Maybe they don't want that one fight to overshadow every other card like May Mac did. That would be my guess.

WME is having trouble lining up a bus and dolly. Give it time.

I have a feeling that somebody from McGregor's or khabib's side will cross the line and fuck this up.

It's better to go heavy in the last 2 weeks than waste money 6 weeks out.

I have a feeling that somebody from McGregor's or khabib's side will cross the line and fuck this up.
If they actually do a presser, I can see conor making a comment about him being Muslim and the PC media losing their shit but it would probably sell

There is actually a PPV before thi one.

they will promote. Wait for September and the Embedded episodes.

I don't expect the on the mic wild hype man version of Conor that we've seen in the past, I expect Conor to be pretty stone cold in the lead up, he's not playing this time.

UFC has learned that Embedded is multiple times more efficient than anything else, and they cost a fraction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back