Why is Conor McGregor so supportive of Katie Taylor?

He is obviously inspired be her. Katie Taylor is one of Ireland's greatest ever sports people, revered back home in a way Conor never will.

She can't fight in Ireland because boxing is literally being run by gangsters(MTK, also friends of McGregor), her father was the target of an assassination only a few months ago.

Yeah guys, i know... she is irish, champ, etc... But im sure there are many other irish athletes he could be supporting and he isnt really out there going to their events and making video/media of his appearences.

This seemed a bit more than the usual "words of encouragement" kind of thing.

But ok... i guess im looking too much into it then.
Much of life is luck, timing, and politics. They might have met somewhere accidentally and hit it off... That's all

He wants to acquire some social points to feed his ego by projecting the image of him supporting a woman, while also trying to project off happy vibes on social media, covering up the emasculation and humiliation he feels deep down following his loss.

Yeah guys, i know... she is irish, champ, etc... But im sure there are many other irish athletes he could be supporting and he isnt really out there going to their events and making video/media of his appearences.

You sound like a TMZ reporter.

What no bottle of Proper 12 for the winner..? Every time I see him he's popping out bottles like it's magic trick...

She’s a massive name. Even my mum tunes in to watch her fight

Cuz he's a true alpha Irish patriot supporting his people. Make Ireland Great Again!

Even the girl seems a bit surprised.

Id imagine its just media, promotion and these things, but he looked genuinely interested.

Is there more to It? Any backstory?

Never heard him mention anything before and he is there offering full support and shit...

Non-promotional Conor is super easy to like

He wants to acquire some social points to feed his ego by projecting the image of him supporting a woman, while also trying to project off happy vibes on social media, covering up the emasculation and humiliation he feels deep down following his loss.
Thanks Dr. Freud While we're on the subject on "projecting". You might want to look in the mirror.
Nice to women, because they dont fancy you? Emasculated and humiliated, not only with women, but in life. Uneducated, under or unemployed......I bet Im pretty spot on

Anyone catch the doctor asking Mr. Mcgregor for a photo at the end there

He was already in Boston last couple days promoting his whiskey

Even the girl seems a bit surprised.

Id imagine its just media, promotion and these things, but he looked genuinely interested.

Is there more to It? Any backstory?

Never heard him mention anything before and he is there offering full support and shit...

Irish mma fighter supports Irelands greatest ever female boxer

She's also an Olympic gold medalist winning their only gold at the 2012 Olympics (bear in mind Ireland have only won 9 golds in the entire history of the Olympics ) so it's a pretty big deal. Katie is one of Irelands biggest and most well known sporting stars

Yeh, I can see why you would be confused

Katie is humble and in no way has a personality like Conor.

Imo she just wanted him to stfu but knew what was good for her popularity. I dont blame her, seemed like she just wanted him to go away.

He seems like the kinda guy you'd have to be in the mood to be around and at tops could last about 3 hours before having to make your excuses and leave.

<WellThere>

Thanks. It seemed a bit out of the blue at First, but i guess hes been following her career for some time then.
Like I say, she won Irelands only gold of the 2012 olympics

She is a massive star in Ireland

Conor is a lot of things, but his loyalty to Ireland is absolute

We'd all be surprised if some sketchy guy randomly walked into our dressing room. <Lmaoo>

Back