Why is Conor getting the Next TS @LW so controversial?

conor bullshit lives in your head, Cerrone is a LW, all they did is not cut weight...
They fought at WW a class that suited Cerrone as he is naturally larger than Conor. Your boy Khabib has never fought outside of LW in the UFC (and don't give us sh!t about nobody's he fought from Dagestan, Chechnya etc). If it was easy others would also step up.

He got one win in LW....Over three years ago.

Definitely worth a title shot.

Nobody even knew about MMA before Conor made it mainstream so ofc he deserves it more than anyone else
"Nobody even knew about MMA before Conor"

LOL speak for yourselves you dumb casuals, and this is for the ENTIRE Conor fanbase.

Cause he tapped to a sub that wasnt even sunk in. They then handpick a lightweight who is nearing the end BUT POPULAR and its fought at McGregor weight ( not 155, not 170 but 2 guys that dont have to worry about cut). Its pretty much a joke . However- flip side of coin is that Conor would still be betting favorite over anyone at 155 not named khabib so from that stance , I've seen worse.

If he jumped over someone like JG ok but the truth is that theres a massive hole in the LW division and no contenders.

I’m not saying that LW isn’t a deep division because it obviously is but its not like WW where you have 2-4 guys who could legit ask for a title shot and be deserved.

I say give Conor another titleshot and lets see if he still has it.

(After Khabib-Gaethje of course )<Fedor23>)

He's 1-1 at LW...come on man

I disagree. He looked fantastic in dismantling Alvarez and did better than Poirier against Khabib.

We all know he is a natural LW and only fights at WW against career LWS because he doesn't want to weight cut unless it's for a TS and is scared of real WWs (Cerrone and Diaz are career lws)

I'd say hes unproven at WW as he hasn't fought any real wWs, but proven at LW as top3-5 in taking a round from the champ, and dismantling the former champ.

That being said, it's BS and a sham. But it's MMA, money talks.

If Gaithje wins though, Poirier should get it. Otherwise, Poirier gave up against Khabib and looked like he was going to cry.

No one wants to see that again
He looked good beating Alvarez but that was over three years ago.

Sure he tends to fight career LWs at WW but part of the job is making the weight and if you want to be a contender at LW you have to fight LW contenders at LW.

He looked good beating Alvarez but that was over three years ago.

Sure he tends to fight career LWs at WW but part of the job is making the weight and if you want to be a contender at LW you have to fight LW contenders at LW.
No you don't. This was all to satisfy the athletic commission anyway, initially there was no weight class.

I used to be like you, believing it was a legit sport where athletic prowess and logic would get you a TS, but that's wrong, this is a show based on $$ where you have to be fit to perform, but by no means worthy.

In an organisation where MM competes for a fraction of CM punk's debut, on his 10th defence, you have to accept that sadly this "sport" will always have the spectacle element.

There is no bigger spectacle at LW that McGregor, and as long as that is the case, expect to see more unwarranted TS.

plus weirdly, Gaithje McGregor is awesome, khabib McGregor sells too.

Poirier khabib 2 ...no
T Ferg khabib 6? Lolol

Who else?

No you don't. This was all to satisfy the athletic commission anyway, initially there was no weight class.

I used to be like you, believing it was a legit sport where athletic prowess and logic would get you a TS, but that's wrong, this is a show based on $$ where you have to be fit to perform, but by no means worthy.

In an organisation where MM competes for a fraction of CM punk's debut, on his 10th defence, you have to accept that sadly this "sport" will always have the spectacle element.

There is no bigger spectacle at LW that McGregor, and as long as that is the case, expect to see more unwarranted TS.

plus weirdly, Gaithje McGregor is awesome, khabib McGregor sells too.

Poirier khabib 2 ...no
T Ferg khabib 6? Lolol

Who else?
Sure there's truth to that but it only goes so far and it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Hooker deserves it more.
And if Gaethje wins, Poirier deserves it more.
Why tf would Poirier deserve it more? He lost the Khabib too. Connor had a better record going into the Khabib fight, double champ, and KO'd cerrone. We got a connor hater here.

So you think that a single win over a fighter on a losing streak merits a title shot over a fighter who already decisively beat him a year earlier? Not to mention the win isn't even at lightweight. There are many more deserving fighters to get the title shot. Tony Ferguson beat Cerrone when he was still winning and is 12 and 2 at lightweight. Justin Gaethje knocked finished 4 top 10 fighters and the former number 1 contender. The winner of Dan Hooker-Dustin would be in a good position too. A single win over a spent Donald Cerrone doesn't merit a title shot, and insults the other more qualified contenders. Conor is 1-1 at lightweight in the UFC.
Tony never made it to the title, he lost when it mattered. Conor did, twice. Both in dominant fashion.

Back