Why is Conor getting the Next TS @LW so controversial?

na, division is stacked. I would like to see him fight felder, or any of ranked opponents 6-11.
i think there is much to be learned about mcgregors proper placement. in reality it could properly probably quite possibly very well be # 12

I dont know why everyone wants Conor as the champ, he'll just sit there like a stale bottle of piss and clog up the division again cos he wont want to fight any of the contenders and will get stripped again..
Conor the record breaker, already has the record for the most stripped fighter, he can make it a hat trick.

No, he fought and won in a weight class above lightweight. Usually doing something like that is harder, so it holds more weight than just winning a lw fight. But since Conor lives in your head rent free, you can find anything to bitch about, even if it doesn't make sense.
conor bullshit lives in your head, Cerrone is a LW, all they did is not cut weight...

Poirier is ranked higher than Conor despite his best (and last real LW) win being the same Eddie Alvarez 2 years ago.

Where’s your outrage there?

Well, he's not the number one contender, no one has said he's next in line for the title shot, and he'd probably beat Conor. So that sounds about right to me.

Because his only win is at WW with a shot and out of prime cowboy, and that's a quality win for a title shot? Mcg always gets his title shots due to his shit talk and Dana happy with him being a draw even if he fights once every year.

I don't get why people are saying he hasn't fought at lightweight. In my opinion, Conor is a better fighter at lightweight than Welterweight, because of his size.

IF ANYTHING, Conor winning twice at Welterweight is more impressive than at lightweight.
He has a win over number 5 ranked Cerrone.
I agree, give him the TS after Gaethje.

Conor vs Tony for the next title shot. Simple as that.

though conor hasnt earned any title shot, he is ufcs best seller, so i cant argue with their logic

conor vs poirier 2
gaethje vs khabib
or conor vs ferg
or conor vs gaethje

since I just learned poirier is fighting hooker, then throw hooker into the mix and nix poirier

It is not controversial. If UFC was a serious organization, it would be controversial. Dana and UFC are dancing around Conor like monkeys (funny when you look at Conor's behavior, also like a monkey) instead of building a legitimate business. I guess they are making it a monkey sport, which is a shame since there are enough good fighters to make it a legitimate sport. UFC is a bubble that's going to burst when we collectively decide to stop giving Dana money for indulging idiots.

He is 1-1 at LW and got destroyed last time.

Last edited:
conor bullshit lives in your head, Cerrone is a LW, all they did is not cut weight...
And NOT fight at lw. Which is the entire point. Do any other fighters get to not cut weight and get credit for fighting at the weight they never achieved? Just coddled Conor.

I don't get why people are saying he hasn't fought at lightweight. In my opinion, Conor is a better fighter at lightweight than Welterweight, because of his size.

IF ANYTHING, Conor winning twice at Welterweight is more impressive than at lightweight.
He has a win over number 5 ranked Cerrone.
I agree, give him the TS after Gaethje.
He didn't even fight a real ww lol.

Is Conor ranked in any weight class other than welterweight?

Remember, you dont fight in that class for a year you get dropped off the rankings. You certainly dont get to stay in the top 10 of a weight class you havent won a fight in four years in

I'm sure this has been said already. But what has he won in coming up , what ... Five years now since he beat Eddie ?

Is Conor ranked in any weight class other than welterweight?

Remember, you dont fight in that class for a year you get dropped off the rankings. You certainly dont get to stay in the top 10 of a weight class you havent won a fight in four years in
I just checked, he is currently ranked at No.4 at Lightweight despite last having got his only LW win 3yrs and 7months ago, and not fought anyone at LW for 1 year and 8months.
He is ranked at No.15 at WW, having fought two pumped up journeymen LW's (Cerrone and Diaz).

He has one win at LW which he got over three years ago, he's just unproven in the division.

He should fight Tony for the next shot.

I disagree. He looked fantastic in dismantling Alvarez and did better than Poirier against Khabib.

We all know he is a natural LW and only fights at WW against career LWS because he doesn't want to weight cut unless it's for a TS and is scared of real WWs (Cerrone and Diaz are career lws)

I'd say hes unproven at WW as he hasn't fought any real wWs, but proven at LW as top3-5 in taking a round from the champ, and dismantling the former champ.

That being said, it's BS and a sham. But it's MMA, money talks.

If Gaithje wins though, Poirier should get it. Otherwise, Poirier gave up against Khabib and looked like he was going to cry.

No one wants to see that again

Because he has a long history of never fighting contenders, and just getting gifted title shots for the sake of making the UFC money. It just appears unfair, because all of these other guys have to fight and beat 2-5 top contenders before getting title shots. Conor just sits around, waits for either A) a great stylistic match up on paper, or B) A title shot in a division he has no business being given one in.

It de-legitimizes the sport, and gives Conor an unfair advantage by consistently getting to pick his fights instead of getting potentially fucking owned by contenders on his attempts to legitimate title runs.

Reminder, the only wrestlers he's faced is Chad Mendes who was not allowed to train before the fight ... and an undeserved crack at Khabib's title. There's a reason Conor doesn't fight contenders. The UFC learned their lesson when trying to build Bisping back in the day, constantly feeding him nobodies to beat to get him a #1 contender fight ... desperately trying to get him a title fight but he would always get fucking murked in those #1 contender fights, so for Conor they just circumvented that whole process.

Hooker is fighting Dustin in the summer, so if he beats the #2 guy Conor can just leapfrog him coming off a win over two losses in a row Cowboy in another division?

And what if Tony fights and beats Dustin or Da Bronx or Felder? Conor still skips ahead? its nonsense.
Yeah exactly. They will just make all of the contenders fight/eliminate each other while Conor wacks off and waits for whoever he feels like he has a chance at beating or a direct title shot. It's appalling.

Back