Why is Charles Oliveira not getting a decent fight?

I know this isn't new, but...

5 fight win streak over the last 16 months, all stoppages, mostly against veterans of the game

But on Saturday he is fighting Jared Gordon, 3-2 in the UFC, 1-2 in the last three (two losses by T/KO)
Tapology have him ranked at 62

Was there really no one else for him to fight?

Does no one want to fight him? At this point a recognizable fighter should be getting a Fight Night main event against a top 10er

Oh wait, he doesn't move needles so he doesn't deserve a main even fight, he's not even co-main for fuck sake, leave that to the number one LHW contender fight of Shogun vs Craig, boy that's one for the ages.

What about Iaquinta/Dariush/Hernandez/Barboza/Hooker/Cerrone

even Trinaldo or Bobby Green would have been better fights and they're on the same card

No disrespect to Jared, it's a massive fight for him and will be a massive leap for him if he gets the win, which is possible. Do Bronx has folded in fights before, but perhaps this is the new do Bronx mentality (similar to Masvidal; 'hold on, maybe if I try to win fights now I won't lose them?')

Who knows, anyone even care?

Here are some lovely toasts
Toast.jpg
Keeps fucking up his weight.

Keeps saying he wants to fight at the weight he repeatedly misses.

Had several chances vs top guys like Pettis Holloway Swanson and failed them.

I like Gordan but this is some shit matchmaking. Oliveira quietly took out one of the biggest dark horses in the division in David Teymur in impressive fashion. They then give him Lentz in a rematch that no one really asked for despite their previous history in what I'd consider a step down. Now they're giving him a questionable (albeit game) lightweight lacking consistancy. He should be fighting a top 15 in my opinion. Anyway, as a fan of Gordan, I'd love to see him make the most of this opportunity and shock the world here which is always a possibility with Oliveira's suspect chin and gas tank.

Back