Why is Charles Oliveira not getting a decent fight?

There's not a lot available ranked ahead of him and he specifically wanted to fight on this Brazilian card.
Lee, Gillespie, Hooker and Iaquinta all fought recently and Felder already beat him. Until a couple of weeks ago Pettis was fighting Cerrone next year and Cowboy seems to be waiting for Conor.

Wish he'd got a higher ranked opponent but it seems he's just fighting whoever they could get to go to Brazil on that date.

i think they simply wanted a guaranteed win for him in brazil. lw is super stacked and going on a 5 fight win streak doesnt really cut it at this point, unless theyre big names. i do agree he deserves a guy in the top 15-20 if he wins this one though

also, u cant really be surprised shogun is comain over do bronx... right? i mean, of course he is
Good points, I can't front on Shogun getting love at all, I guess in theory he's closer to getting a LHW title shot than do B is getting a LW one

I wouldn't just call him " gatekeeper "( this term used too much). First off, he needs to take of business this week. Hes one of those guys where you shouldn't reference fights from a couple of years ago. Hes filled out his frame, has evolved on his feet and looks straight up nasty. In fact- he wins this weekend ( if) and gets a high profile fight..... this will be the fight I'll bet $$$ on do bronx and I hope it's a top guy like the wreckless gaejthe. I ll laugh my way to the bookie bank with Charles as a decent sized underdog.
This fight has upset all over it I think, I may drop some cheeky ££ on a parlay with Jared getting a win somehow

There was a recent interview where he talked about this. I’m paraphrasing but he said something like a lot of the guys didn’t want to fight him or wanted to wait for later dates. However he likes to get paid so he just took the fight with whoever accepted.
I think he said he was desperate to be on this card as well

This was the first matchup in his run that doesn't make sense.
He should definitely be fighting in that top 10 spot now.

It made sense he had to build his case outside the top 10 because he failed hard every previous chance he had, but I feel he's done that and earned another shot.
Oh well, he should run through this dude and then he better get his top 10 shot again.
I've got a horrible feeling he messes this one up and he's back to square one again, this is a no win fight for him really, I guess he has to get paid though

this is exciting isn't it? talking in the heavies instead of your ridiculous avocado growing thread

I've got a horrible feeling he messes this one up and he's back to square one again, this is a no win fight for him really, I guess he has to get paid though

this is exciting isn't it? talking in the heavies instead of your ridiculous avocado growing thread

They won't let me talk about avocados in here no more :(

He's a gatekeeper... He gets KTFO by the studs and puts humiliating submissions on the scrubs.

He's making dough, everyone knows his name like Cheers, but he likely still gets KTFO by the sharks in the division, so if I was him I'd be happy to be one of the only guys making 50k Reebok money on top of a decent show/win purse on the long term.

Some guys get two fights and that's that... He's there plugging away, a total novelty fighter that you can spice up any low-end card with, but a champion he will never be. He could carry on working and paying bills for years the way he's going. Get more fights than Wilson Goveia. His style has longevity.

I'm a fan, I've always liked his "crazy legs" style, but his ceiling is much lower the he thinks it is... Fortunately Dana knows where it's at, and has been using him fairly well imo.
While that may be true, he's still on a winning streak with a good win over a prospect in Teymur. That should at the very least warrant a top 15 matchup, or even a fight with someone like Drakkar Klose instead of Jared Gordon.

Read it fast brah- just re-read. My bad.
"comprehension " comment wasnt neccessary .

It's all good.
All good bro, I'm just in a shitty mood because I just got diagnosed with shingles and it's painful as fuck.

This fight has upset all over it I think, I may drop some cheeky ££ on a parlay with Jared getting a win somehow
Good luck with that- IDK. I'm expecting big things from oliveira this year .... but its mma- anything can happen.

All good, I'm just in a shitty mood because I just got diagnosed with shingles and it's painful as fuck.
Ohhhhhh- fuck on you .....that sucks. I cant even give u a like cause of the nature of post.

He should fight Nick Lentz again

All good bro, I'm just in a shitty mood because I just got diagnosed with shingles and it's painful as fuck.
ooh that's harsh
they can prescribe some nasty fucking drugs for that as well, be careful what you take man, I mean that from the heart.
I've taken a couple of neurontins & tricyclics for nerve damage, they are no fucking fun

ooh that's harsh
they can prescribe some nasty fucking drugs for that as well, be careful what you take man, I mean that from the heart.
I've taken a couple of neurontins & tricyclics for nerve damage, they are no fucking fun
Fuck man, I just read the side effects...

aIzGYcD.jpg

I'm doomed.

Fuck man, I just read the side effects...

aIzGYcD.jpg

I'm doomed.
At least it's only an antiviral drug, it's a heavy dose but you'll be fine on it (other than the shits!)

But its better than what they get you to take afterwards if you have numb patches of skin of nerve damage from it

you got some time off work? might be best to settle into them for a day or so, they can fuck with your guts a bit

I wouldn't just call him " gatekeeper "( this term used too much). First off, he needs to take of business this week. Hes one of those guys where you shouldn't reference fights from a couple of years ago. Hes filled out his frame, has evolved on his feet and looks straight up nasty.

This is what people say every time he gets a win streak going.

I have my suspicions as to why he's not being pushed the way he should but it's early here and I don't wanna get into heated debates with sleep still in my eye. But I hope the UFC does the right thing and give Charles the fights he deserves he's a real serious martial artist not everybody has to have a gimmick or act like Nate Diaz to get play, some real fight fanz just like to watch real fighters without the streamers, confetti, balloons, and flares or putting on attitudes.

I have my suspicions as to why he's not being pushed the way he should but it's early here and I don't wanna get into heated debates with sleep still in my eye. But I hope the UFC does the right thing and give Charles the fights he deserves he's a real serious martial artist not everybody has to have a gimmick or act like Nate Diaz to get play, some real fight fanz just like to watch real fighters without the streamers, confetti, balloons, and flares or putting on attitudes.
I'm interested to know your suspicions dude

Back