Why is CC fighting in japan, but Mir isn't??

norsuu

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
1-had cc any contract with ufc when he tested positive? yes...he was going to fight hamilton at least
2-is mir now under contract? i think he is...but can't he broke this contract and go to rizin? 2 years is many time out, and ''fight'' in grappling bouts is boring to us
3-barnett tested positive again...is he under contract? will he move to rizin??

Because the UFC won't release Frank Mir like they did for Mirko Crocop

He's been asking for a release but they won't do it

Because the UFC won't release Frank Mir like they did for Mirko Crocop

He's been asking for a release but they won't do it
This, Cro Cop always had some sort of preferential treatment with the UFC. He got away with a lot, like going to Dream out of the blue and doing kickboxing and then back to UFC.

This, Cro Cop always had some sort of preferential treatment with the UFC. He got away with a lot, like going to Dream out of the blue and doing kickboxing and then back to UFC.

Crocop has millions of die hard fans all over the world (yours truly included). He's more of an international fight sports icon than an American one.

Just like Conor. The UFC will give preferential treatment. Besides something tells me CC is a great negotiator. He is a successful businessman back in Croatia. He did not squander any of his money like a lot of fighters and athletes do.

Guy pretty much can do whatever he wants.

Crocop has millions of die hard fans all over the world (yours truly included). He's more of an international fight sports icon than an American one.

Just like Conor. The UFC will give preferential treatment. Besides something tells me CC is a great negotiator. He is a successful businessman back in Croatia. He did not squander any of his money like a lot of fighters and athletes do.

Guy pretty much can do whatever he wants.
For sure, if there's anyone who has earned it, it's Cro Cop. And he is definitely intelligent like you say, great point about him being a businessman and negotiator.

Frank Mir should go wear a pro wrestling mask and fight MMA in Japan. No one will recognize him by his tattoos and belly.

Crocop tested false positive. His secondary results came back negative and if he hadn't publicly stated he used hgh everything would have been fine. But he did, and asked for release after.

The UFC likely let him out of his contract to avoid the questioning their testing system would have come under if they kept him.

MIr tested positive on all samples therefore it was a different situation.

No BS, I think it was actually because Lorenzo was a big fan of his.

Crocop tested false positive. His secondary results came back negative and if he hadn't publicly stated he used hgh everything would have been fine. But he did, and asked for release after.

The UFC likely let him out of his contract to avoid the questioning their testing system would have come under if they kept him.

MIr tested positive on all samples therefore it was a different situation.
I read Crocop never tested positive. What screwed him was telling UFC & USADA his doctor gave HGH for his shoulder and USADA took that as admission of guilt rather than therapeutic use exemption. His test came clean.

I thought Mir had legit excuse due to possible tainted meat like the Chinese guy and Mexican guy who got zero punishment due to common practice for those countries to taint the meat.

Mur is ducking RIZIN, and for good reason. The stomping he'd get in Japan would give him flashbacks of Wes Sims

Mir has had 29 pro fights and only two of those where outside the UFC.

would be crazy for him to fight for another org.

He Bleeds UFC.

Last edited:
CC fought in Japan (Pride), Barnett fought in Japan (Pride). Mir never fought in Japan, his name is unknow in Japan. He spent his entire career in UFC.

This covers a good bit of it. CroCop is a great ambassador for the sport in Europe, as well as Japan. And he is notoriously gentlemanly to deal with.

Back