Why is Cat Zingano ranked and TJ Grant is not??

This is Sherdog you are talking about i assume?? Say no more! Sherdog rankings need some major readjustments other than the #1 positions!

There's like 90+ LW fighters under contract and maybe 25? FBW.

Look at the women's division and look at the men's LW Division. It is becoming increasingly difficult for the UFC to promote a chick so hard that she is even considered a threat to Rousey's throne. Why throw away one of your only options? They are already grasping for straws with Gina Carano's fabled return. Nate Diaz fought in November, forget TJ Grant.

Because he doesn't talk smack to remain relevant, nor is he a good looking Adonis who Dana can market. Also, the women's division is a joke and if they remove Cat they remove the only interesting fight with Honda

it makes me wonder how wmma is going to hang on if cat doesn't beat ronda when they do actually fight. we've all seen it now and the majority of fight fans only want to see the premiere fighters for the most part. the only time its talked about here is when there is a gimmick fight potentially looming (ronda vs gina) and it makes me wonder if the belt doesn't change hands soon or if ronda decided to retire if the woman's division could weather it.
prediction... if ronda retires with the belt the ufc cuts its losses and invicta absorbs all notable female fighters in the ufc and discards the stepping stones due to lack of divisional depth and poor fanbase.

They still have Amanda Nunes after Davis as a potential opponent for Rousey. But if Rousey clears out the division and only top women left are Rousey's victims then it'll be very hard to justify the quality of the division.

TJ may not be back.

Time for Sherdog to come to grips with this.

Last edited:
And Dominick Cruz?

The guy hasn't fought in 3 years and he's still ranked.

Back