Why is Cain Velasquez ranked above Demetrious Johnson in P4P rankings?

I used to not be a fan of Johnson's decision-y ways, but have become a fan of his over the last few fights. His newly rediscovered penchant for finishing helped, but it was his improvements, and his sheer dominance over the competition, that really won me over. I like Cain, but he basically been the same athlete fighting the same 2 opponents for the last few years; while he has been dominant, it was in a more predictable way. I rank DJ above him at the moment.

because, before facing MM, the best fighter Dodson beat was Moraga, and the best fighter Moraga beat was Cariaso.

Elliott, Formiga, Dillashaw on TUF, Cariaso & Gomez were their notable wins. Let that sink in.

While JDS beat Cain, Werdum, Carwin, GG, CC and Nelson, and BF beat Reem, Fedor and Browne.

HW > FLW. HW > BW. And Cain isn't winning these fights with size.

Lol that shit is nothing, TheRassler has ben first in every GSP/wrestler related thread on the first page bitching for 4 years straight

hahaha it's so true!

tumblr_inline_moyd1zId7R1qz4rgp.gif

Last edited:
"All of his opponents."

j.jpg

You posted this earlier in the thread. JDS deserved another fight because of his run, and Bigfoot's two ko wins over two contenders forced the ufc's hand. Both guys are studs though, and Cain beat them viciously.

people dont think cain is the best mainly due to only fighting 2 people over the past couple of years. Its not his fault hw sucks though

Back