Why is Cain Velasquez ranked above Demetrious Johnson in P4P rankings?

Yea, and Benavidez was also a contender one division higher, with quality wins there. His only losses at 135 were to the champ.

MM was also a contender at 135 and he has improved tremendously since then.

Dodson was a strong 135'er, who KO'd current 135 contender, TJ.

So MM's case is pretty good. I think you could even make a case for him being #1, he's that good.

Preach it.

Anyone who doesn't enjoy the Flyweight division isn't a true fan.

Top 3 are interchangeable. Next two are interchangeable

Also, it doesn't mean shit

Preach it.

Anyone who doesn't enjoy the Flyweight division isn't a true fan.
I don't know if I entirely agree with this, because if you completely disregard all of the talented fighters in any given weight class then you're pretty dumb.

But yeah, anyone who openly calls FLWs "the manlets", and can't even get behind a dude like John Dodson, is retarded.

honestly barao should be either #1 or #2, interchangeable with JJ. He has the longest win streak, he's one of the smallest fighters yet can knock anyone out, and his only loss was the very 1st fight of his career. i agree johnson should be ahead of velasquez; if he was johnson's size he would lose. he's not as skilled and his cardio wouldnt matter at that weight

You're right he wouldn't beat Cain.

He would beat him so incredibly badly that they wouldn't even sanction the fight.

Seriously, did your brain turn on today?

:rolleyes:

DJ hasn't beaten a single person who is even qualified to hold pads for Cain.

Joe B is a glorified brawler who closes his eyes as he throws haymakers at the fences, and he wasn't even good enough to wrestle for a D3 school, and he's the #2 guy in the division. It's a fucking joke.

125 is a weak division even compared to Heavyweight.

Speed =/= Skill

If that idiocy of a post is your honest opinion, then you just fail to grasp combat sports at a basic level.

Joe B is a glorified brawler who closes his eyes as he throws haymakers at the fences, and he wasn't even good enough to wrestle for a D3 school, and he's the #2 guy in the division. It's a fucking joke.
You clearly haven't actually watched any of his fights lol.
yookfarb said:
Name one good HW prospect who has been signed in the past 6 months and might have a chance of sniffing the top 10, besides Jared Rosholt.

And you're right, speed doesn't equal skill, but skill equals skill, and your average HW can't even use the skills he has past the first round. Fighters who can't go the full scheduled time are the exception in the lower weight classes for a reason. The fact that Cain is the only guy who can fight hard for 15 minutes at HW besides maybe Werdum does not exactly lend credence to your argument.

I don't know if I entirely agree with this, because if you completely disregard all of the talented fighters in any given weight class then you're pretty dumb.

But yeah, anyone who openly calls FLWs "the manlets", and can't even get behind a dude like John Dodson, is retarded.

It might be because I'm running on a lack of sleep, but I am having a lot of trouble comprehending your first sentence.

:rolleyes:

DJ hasn't beaten a single person who is even qualified to hold pads for Cain.

Speed =/= Skill

If that idiocy of a post is your honest opinion, then you just fail to grasp combat sports at a basic level.

I don't think I could possibly give a better example of someone so lost in this sport.

I'll be the first person to tell you I think Cain takes any man on the planet, but if there was a HW his size who had DJ's speed, and skills? Cain would get absolutely thrashed.

Last edited:
Why is Anderson Silva still ranked

The rankings don't mean anything

It might be because I'm running on a lack of sleep, but I am having a lot of trouble comprehending your first sentence.
Well, I wasn't trying to criticize you directly or anything like that. I just think the notion of a person completely disregarding ANY weight division (regardless of weight) is pretty retarded.

For example, I talk shit about the weight divisions over 170 all the fucking time, but I still love to watch fighters like Jones, Machida, Mousasi, Rockhold, JDS, Overeem, Gustafsson, Rumble, etc.

pound for pound doesn't exist in MMA, it's a promotional marketing tool.

Also, just posting this .gif for the fuck of it.

AnchoredVapidCaudata.gif

I have a hard time believing that this is a human being. Like, what the fuck. Dodson musta been training that Sonic technique.

Also, just posting this .gif for the fuck of it.

AnchoredVapidCaudata.gif

I have a hard time believing that this is a human being. Like, what the fuck. Dodson musta been training that Sonic technique.

Dodson is the shit and the most athletic fighter in MMA imo.

dodson+flipz.gif

Another celebration gem.

Well, I wasn't trying to criticize you directly or anything like that. I just think the notion of a person completely disregarding ANY weight division (regardless of weight) is pretty retarded.

For example, I talk shit about the weight divisions over 170 all the fucking time, but I still love to watch fighters like Jones, Machida, Mousasi, Rockhold, JDS, Overeem, Gustafsson, Rumble, etc.

I watch all fights, regardless of division or implications (assuming I am free when the fights are on).

I was just specifically pointing out the Flyweight division because before the WBW came to the UFC, the Flyweight division got shit on the most by posters around here (and still does, to an extent).

Back