Why is Cain Velasquez ranked above Demetrious Johnson in P4P rankings?

Why are you asking such question when Ronda is #10. P4P is a joke. It's a fap list of old pervert Dana White.

You could put Cain at Number 1. He's dominated every fight except for 1. Hardly gets touched.

He faced 2 opponents in his last 5 fights, and he lost to one of them, by KO.
Aldo is undefeated in the UFC/WEC and has a 14 fight win streak, has 8 title defenses and has faced 8 different opponents in his defenses. Jon Jones has 7 title defenses, should be undefeated in the UFC and have a 15 fight winning streak. I don't even feel like looking up that shit for Barao but putting Cain above any of these fighters i absolutely crazy imo.

You dont understand p4p. No one has an advantage. If MM was 6'1 240lbs with the same skillset that he has at 125lb, would he beat cain? No

You're right he wouldn't beat Cain.

He would beat him so incredibly badly that they wouldn't even sanction the fight.

Seriously, did your brain turn on today?

Cain is underrated, mainly due to very stupid matchmaking.

Curious who would you have had him fight instead?
Jds1-junior earned the shot win he beat carwin(was supposed to be lesner) who should have got it instead?
Bf1 - he had just lost to jds and bf was ranked num4 and had just "beat" browne
Jds2-obvious
Bf2- bf just ko'd ubereem in an epic comeback(I'm sure ufc wuda liked AO fight,but it didn't work out)
Jds3- junior was given same treament cain got..who was more deserving at the time than the former champ who held a ko victory over the current?(Bf had just got wrecked/barnett had only 1 fight against mir/ ao had got ktfo twice/ browne only had one top10 win)

I agree cain is underrated, just think it has a lot more to do with his inactivity, than matchmaking

Heavyweight bias. People think bigger equals better when it actually equals slower, because this is Sport, not the WWE. Is normal.
Let me put it this way, cain would beat anyone in the ufc
If they weren't his size, yeah.

While looking at their records i also realized that MM has more knockouts(3x more to be exact) on his record than Cain has lol.

fordman7795 said:
You dont understand p4p. No one has an advantage. If MM was 6'1 240lbs with the same skillset that he has at 125lb, would he beat cain? No
lmfao is this a joke? Of course he would. Mighty Mouse is a MUCH better striker than Cain.

How are you gonna claim "you don't understand p4p" before then going on to disregard the skills which make DJ p4p better than Cain?!?!?!?!

The whole idea behind p4p is who WOULD win if size was equivalent and skills were the same, in which case it is obviously Jos

While looking at their records i also realized that MM has more knockouts(3x more to be exact) on his record than Cain has lol.
But, tee-kay-oes are knockouts, brah. Michael Bisping has a 57% knockout rate because he hasn't won some of his fights by decision, didn't cha know!!

Now I'm just waiting for some pleb to claim that KOing Fossil Nog is a better win than a red-hot Benavidez.

Benavidez is pretty legit.

Benavidez is basically the equivalent of a 125 JDS (in that he's the 2nd best fighter in the division, but won't be fighting for the crown since he's lost twice to the champ and is now in gatekeeper limbo).

Yea, and Benavidez was also a contender one division higher, with quality wins there. His only losses at 135 were to the champ.

MM was also a contender at 135 and he has improved tremendously since then.

Dodson was a strong 135'er, who KO'd current 135 contender, TJ.

So MM's case is pretty good. I think you could even make a case for him being #1, he's that good.

lmfao is this a joke? Of course he would. Mighty Mouse is a MUCH better striker than Cain.

How are you gonna claim "you don't understand p4p" before then going on to disregard the skills which make DJ p4p better than Cain?!?!?!?!

The whole idea behind p4p is who WOULD win if size was equivalent and skills were the same, in which case it is obviously Jos

So MM's case is pretty good. I think you could even make a case for him being #1, he's that good.
That would require not being irrationally biased towards heavier-weight fighters which is asking FAR too much of your average Sherdogger.

i forgot that cain's only fought two guys in the last 3 years.

no, it's not "obviously" those guys. It seems as if you just picked the 3 lightest champions and assume their the most technical because of what rogan spews. Weidman is every bit the technician that those 3 guys are
Them being the lightest champs has nothing to do with them being the most skilled and well-rounded fighters in the world, which they are. I "know" they are the most complete and technical, assumption has nothing to do with it. Rogan would probably the first to erroneously claim that Jones is p4p #1.

Weidman is very good, I have him at p4p #4 right now but he needs to prove that he doesn't just have Silva's number. His striking has been looking better and better though, which is scary because his wrestling and jiu-jitsu are already amazing.

I would not rank Anthony Pettis as top 5 p4p either so yeah I'm just a Roganism regurgitator obvi.

i forgot that cain's only fought two guys in the last 3 years.

.....Does it matter? both those guys are top notch fighters. Bigfoot beat the GOAT and JDS is the conseus #2 in the div, just like Benavidez who you guys fawning over....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back