Why is Bruce Lee considered such an incredible mixed martial artist?

Caucasians tend to find a reason to discredit a minority. The amount of hate on Sherdog he gets is not surprising.
Cadwell recounted the scene in her book Bruce Lee: The Man Only I Knew (1975):

"The two came out, bowed formally and then began to fight. Wong adopted a classic stance whereas Bruce, who at the time was still using his Wing Chun style, produced a series of straight punches. Within a minute, Wong's men were trying to stop the fight as Bruce began to warm to his task. James Lee warned them to let the fight continue. A minute later, with Bruce continuing the attack in earnest, Wong began to backpedal as fast as he could. For an instant, indeed, the scrap threatened to degenerate into a farce as Wong actually turned and ran. But Bruce pounced on him like a springing leopard and brought him to the floor where he began pounding him into a state of demoralization. "Is that enough?" shouted Bruce, "That's enough!" pleaded his adversary. Bruce demanded a second reply to his question to make sure that he understood this was the end of the fight."

At the end of the day. Bruce Lee was considered the baddest man on the planet during his time. And taught white folks marital arts. All so sherbros can discredit him decades later lol. The disrespect lmao

6ba74d1dcda098c9b74a76dbbf8e5b601de12689.gif
One of about 3 good scenes in the entire movie.

Obviously, he never really fought. So, you can't claim it's his fighting skills. But then many people say his thinking skills and his philosophy were above parr. Like he was the first person to think of mixing martial arts. That doesn't take a genius! Back then, there were people not just thinking of mixing them -- but actually doing it, and competing in it: sambo, for one example, among many. Where does Bruce Lee fit into the martial arts aside from movies and acting?
Philosiphy-wise, when he started JKD, the whole point of it was mixing in any technique based on how effective they are and how comfortable you are performing them. Regardless of the fact the base of it is wing chun, thats the closest thing to MMA I can think of to start back then.

Former kickboxing and karate champ Joe Lewis himself said Bruce Lee was as fast as a flyweight but hit like a heavyweight.

He was probably the greatest fighter ever but definetely the one and only true creator of Mixed Martial Arts.

Obviously, he never really fought. So, you can't claim it's his fighting skills. But then many people say his thinking skills and his philosophy were above parr. Like he was the first person to think of mixing martial arts. That doesn't take a genius! Back then, there were people not just thinking of mixing them -- but actually doing it, and competing in it: sambo, for one example, among many. Where does Bruce Lee fit into the martial arts aside from movies and acting?

fighters believe in really dumb shit, see how many thank their lord and saviour jesus christ first after a win, and all their coaches and sparring partners, who actually exist, come after that

bruce lee is some dumb shit they saw when they were a kid and they never matured beyond that, despite being way better than bruce lee. i think its really sad

can you imagine how bruce lee vs dan henderson would have gone? dan with his stiff neck, lumbering movement and totally predictable overhand would have probably ended bruce's life and then said something really dumb on the mic afterwards like "he said he was gonna be like water so I pulled the plug"

So a few manlets in a karate forum want to shit on a guy that popularized karate/kung fu and made it mainstream for western countries? Seems like a troll thread, if you don’t know the history of fighting/martial arts, you can ask. Don’t make a thread being ignorant.

There is such discrimination towards lazy people, fanatics are worshipped.

He's not. But his philosophy and popularity influenced generations of martial artists, and his ideas of taking what you can from any art kind of went against the grain of TMAs where everyone thought their 'style' was the best. So he was kind of ahead of the time in that regard.

you do realize that was a movie and completely made up and bruce lee's daughter and ex wife have gone on record and said that bruce was nothing like depicted in that movie.

You think his wife and daughter would tell the truth, if that actually happened? His legacy is worth money to them.

fighters believe in really dumb shit, see how many thank their lord and saviour jesus christ first after a win, and all their coaches and sparring partners, who actually exist

People used to call that warm up exercises and stretching, and now it's yoga.

Caucasians tend to find a reason to discredit a minority. The amount of hate on Sherdog he gets is not surprising.

This thread is a gold mine for dumb quotes. Like beyond belief dumb quotes.
Keep them coming!

This thread is a gold mine for dumb quotes. Like beyond belief dumb quotes.
Keep them coming!

Id like to thank my lord and saviour L Ron Hubbard for giving me the power to make my post

I think knowing what we all know now about martial arts we can come to the conclusion that Bruce Lee isn’t going to beat professional fighters of today
However, Bruce Lee’s martial arts philosophy was decades before it’s time and he deserves a great deal of respect

So a few manlets in a karate forum want to shit on a guy that popularized karate/kung fu and made it mainstream for western countries? Seems like a troll thread, if you don’t know the history of fighting/martial arts, you can ask. Don’t make a thread being ignorant.

I have more fight experience than Bruce did

Conor Mcregor said his boxing technique was inspired by HK boxing champion Bruce Lee

I don't know why either. Jim Arvanitis was a contemporary of his and actually created his own MMA system in the late 60s utilizing all of the typical arts a modern mixed martial artist is versed in: boxing, wrestling, MT and Judo/Catch in lieu of bjj. He also focused on live sparring.

But he never made movies so people outside of the martial arts world don't know or care about him

Because most people believe everything they see on TV, and allow the entertainment industry to shape their entire worldview.

Back