Why is Brock getting catered to after failing a test?

They didn't hide the test, do you know how stupid you sound with these conspiracy theories? He failed two tests and is serving a suspension.

Past that, he's not being catered to, he's getting a big fight because he's a draw and this is a business called prize fighting.

Because if this guy barges into your office, slaps both hands on your desk with authority, and says he wants to make a come back, and wants it to be for the title shot, you just fuckin do it and come up with the reasons for it later.

giphy.gif

On a serious note its obviously all about the Benjamins

200.gif

no, there was no fine from usada. any fine is due to the nevada state commission

and there was no "deal".. one year was the maximum, he got slapped with the maximum

Still a penalty with the money.

The deal was he "accepted it" and not try to fight it more like how Josh didn't accept his terms right ?

He made a deal with USADA for 250k fine and 1 year of suspension.. he is currently serving that time and has payed or will pay the fine.

no, there was no fine from usada. any fine is due to the nevada state commission

and there was no "deal".. one year was the maximum, he got slapped with the maximum

NSAC suspended him 1 year and fined him $250k. source.

USADA also gave him a 1 year suspension. source.

but i thought USADA suspensions only counted while the fighter is in the testing pool? so wouldn't his 1 year suspension (11 months and change, actually) start last week? @dimspace

Pursuant to the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, all UFC athletes serving a period of ineligibility for an anti-doping policy violation are required to remain in the USADA registered testing pool and make themselves available for testing in order to receive credit for time served under his or her sanction. Furthermore, if an athlete retires during his or her period of ineligibility, the athlete's sanction will be tolled until such time the athlete notifies USADA of his or her return from retirement and once again makes him or herself available for no-advance-notice, out-of-competition testing.
so the fight is next summer?

Do you remember that scene in Happy Gilmour where the golfer wanted happy disqualified but the organization just suspended him?

They literally hid the test from people and he failed and had to pay a fine but he didnt even have to make a public appearance or address or talkabout his test faliure..best yet he gets an immediate title shot..wtf

Jones on the other hand had to make a press conference, he had to fight OSP before a title shot and constantly gets bashed for it..

He sells like opiates in New Hampshire, that's why.

Not a thing else matters.

but i thought USADA suspensions only counted while the fighter is in the testing pool? so wouldn't his 1 year suspension (11 months and change, actually) start last week? @dimspace

Pursuant to the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, all UFC athletes serving a period of ineligibility for an anti-doping policy violation are required to remain in the USADA registered testing pool and make themselves available for testing in order to receive credit for time served under his or her sanction. Furthermore, if an athlete retires during his or her period of ineligibility, the athlete's sanction will be tolled until such time the athlete notifies USADA of his or her return from retirement and once again makes him or herself available for no-advance-notice, out-of-competition testing.

We got no solid date.

Speculation is he needs to do 6 months in USADA and he is done so that's like the first week or the second week of January.. he should be okay for the Super Bowl card in February.

I'm still half ass waiting for a surprise factor that he entered earlier and we get him in the end of the year like New Years Eve card or something, my wild theory.

We got no solid date.

Speculation is he needs to do 6 months in USADA and he is done so that's like the first week or the second week of January.. he should be okay for the Super Bowl card in February.

I'm still half ass waiting for a surprise factor that he entered earlier and we get him in the end of the year like New Years Eve card or something, my wild theory.

i found a source with dates. and yes, you're right, about 6 months. cheers.

as of March 2018:

https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/...2-usada-comments-on-brock-lesnars-suspension/

Lesnar was suspended for one-year by both the Nevada Athletic Commission and USADA, fined $250,000 by the NAC and had his win over Mark Hunt changed to a no contest.

Lesnar tested positive for clomiphene and hydroxy-clomiphene in a drug sample that was collected on June 28th (the results didn’t come back in time to remove Lesnar from his July 9th bout with Mark Hunt at UFC 200) as well as a positive sample coming back from his post-fight drug test the night of the bout. The suspension was retroactive to July 2016 and his Nevada suspension has since expired, however, when he retired in February 2017 and removed himself from the USADA testing pool, his suspension was frozen. We wanted to receive clarification from USADA regarding the process Lesnar would have to go through if he were to come out of retirement with the suspension yet to expire. This is the statement provided by Brad Horn, the Communications & Media Relations Director at USADA:

Brock Lesnar’s suspension continues. If he were to unretire with UFC, he would have to serve out the greater of the remaining sanction or the six-month period of returning to the pool before returning to competition, as outlined in the UFC anti-doping policy.

Didnt you watch the ppv? The hw champ took the mic and challenged him himself.

as of March 2018:

"a drug sample that was collected on June 28th (the results didn’t come back in time to remove Lesnar from his July 9th bout with Mark Hunt at UFC 200) as well as a positive sample coming back from his post-fight drug test the night of the bout."​
I'm curious what "in time" means. I find it unlikely tho that no one knew the sample was positive for PEDs prior to July 9th.
Also, wouldn't Brock have to undergo testing over a period of time leading up to a return to action?

I'm curious what "in time" means. I find it unlikely tho that no one knew the sample was positive for PEDs prior to July 9th.

that's the claim. you're not the first to be skeptical that it takes longer than 10 days to run do the myriad of tests they run.

Also, wouldn't Brock have to undergo testing over a period of time leading up to a return to action?
all returning fighters have to be in the pool for 6 months. Brock slipped through a loophole the first time because although he was a 'returning' fighter, he left pre-USADA, and that allowed UFC to grant him a pass. not so this time (i think this is right. i could be wrong. i haven't thought about it in 2 years and my memory ain't what it used to be. if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will come correct me.)

so what the article on post #51 explains is that he's already completed 7 months of his 1 year suspension, therefore the 6 months he'll have to test as a returning fighter this time will more that cover his remaining USADA suspension.

that's the claim. you're not the first to be skeptical that it takes longer than 10 days to run do the myriad of tests they run.
Just look at what the typical turn around on their testing results are. Usually when a fighter tests positive following a fight, the news breaks within a few days.

Just look at what the typical turn around on their testing results are. Usually when a fighter tests positive following a fight, the news breaks within a few days.
i can find dozens of counter examples of what you just said. can you provide me two examples of a positive test breaking 'within a few days'? thanks.

he remained in the testing pool for just shy of 6 months after ufc 200 (although he wasnt tested in that time)

so he had just over 6 months remaining which he is serving now

this is not true... not at all.. you are either badly informed or you are literally making shit up off the top of your head and think nobody can prove otherwise..

well i can..

heres every suspension under USADA and ive sorted them in order of the number of days between sample collection and announcement date...

the average is 23.5 days... Brock's sample was turned around in 18 days. .FASTER THAN AVERAGE

in 20 instances the sample was turned around quicker than Brocks, but must be noted, three of those were admissions so no need for sample to be analysed.

in 36 instances the same was turned around slower than Brocks

UFC-USADA-Test-Figures-2018-Q3.png

so before you completely make stuff up, always consider maybe there is someone who actually has the numbers.. ;)

i can find dozens of counter examples of what you just said. can you provide me two examples of a positive test breaking 'within a few days'? thanks.

hes talking bollocks

Back