Why is Benson Henderson hated for being what Jon Jones claimed to be?

Why do the same people who hate Jon Jones for being cocky and "unchristian" also hate Benson Henderson for not having a personality (humble) and being preachy (claiming to love god and shit).

Do MMA fans switch religious ideology on a whim?

This makes no sense. They both get hate for exaclty the same thing. When did JJ get a pass?

its not really my victory

was a big jew in the clouds that did that

What are you even talkin about. How do you know that same people that hate jones hate Benson. Thread is whack.

Nope. I'm a big hater of Jones's personality, but Benson is one of my favorite LWs.

The majority of the Benson haters are athiests.

Yet the same opinions are held for the same things.

Mighty Mouse and Bendo - Humble and not supported as Champions
Rampage, Evans and Jones - Cocky and not supported as champions

Silva is the only outlier as both humble and cocky and is 50/50 on love and hate.

I like Jones, Mighty Mouse and Anderson. I don't like Bender or Rampage. I don't have a strong opinion on Evans either way.

I don't know how that fits into your thesis, but I'm happy to help.

I think people didn't mind as much for Benson when he was exciting. Once he became boring and playing things safe people just didn't like him for it.

You can have a lot of stuff looked over if you're exciting. lol

This makes no sense. They both get hate for exaclty the same thing. When did JJ get a pass?

Bendo is "real" about his Christianity people, complain.

Jones is "fake" about his Christianity people, complain.

Christianity rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Tebow got hate.
That Miss California chick that had the masturbation tape was disliked.

I like Bendo. He loves Martial Arts, is a comic book nerd, gives love and props to his mother, and by any account that I've heard is great with fans. He's real.

I met a few fighters while at UFC in D.C. and got a feeling for who is pretty cool. Also met fighters in Philly and Virginia. In D.C. fighters made it a point to walk past us fans and BS a little. Dana and Bruce Buffer did the same. All of them could have stood up, turned right, and walked away from us but they chose to turn left and walk past the fans. Two fighters didn't make time for the fans as the walked past. That's fine. I only saw one fighter take the exit behind him and avoid us altogether. That was Jon Jones.

Where exactly are all these "I hate Benson's personality" threads? I can't find them.

Benson isn't disliked for his personality, it's the way he fights.

It all comes down to personality and fighting style. Any other characteristics the fighter has are merely rhetoric to be used to bolster the opinion you've already formed.

Nope. I'm a big hater of Jones's personality, but Benson is one of my favorite LWs.

The majority of the Benson haters are athiests.

Youre full of shit and making blanket unfounded claims that are not true. Im sure that a few out there might have problem but those people arent even worth a thread. The only problem i ever had with Benson is that before the fight he would talk like hes gonna bring it but then the fight would be boring as hell.

That's a great question. The cynic in me would say it's because of the fact that Benson fights at 155 and Jones fights at 205.

Youre full of shit and making blanket unfounded claims that are not true. Im sure that a few out there might have problem but those people arent even worth a thread. The only problem i ever had with Benson is that before the fight he would talk like hes gonna bring it but then the fight would be boring as hell.

Opposing opinions obviously russle your jimmies very easily.

The same posters that blast Benson for praising God after his fights, win or lose, are usually the same that are blasting Christianity in the Atheist circle-jerk threads in the Mayberry and Warroom. It's not a stretch to conclude Christians have no problem with it.

I didn't know Bendo was hated. He got a ton of cheers in his fox fights. I like him. I dunno

bendo is a bit more likable cause he acts like a normal person

I'm not religious at all but I love Benson's schtick because you can tell it's authentic. I would be shocked if he got hit with a DUI or coke. Literally shocking.

With Jones, he acts like he's high and mighty and religious but behind the scenes you could tell he was a different person. I have no doubt the Benson you see on TV is the Benson you see outside of the sport. It's not an act like Jones.

Its not benson I dont like its his non finishing low damage low risk style compiled with all the bogus decisions hes won that cost me money.

He can praise jesus till the son comes up but if thats where hes getti g these decisions from then hes just being a suck up and its unsportsmenlike

Why do the same people who hate Jon Jones for being cocky and "unchristian" also hate Benson Henderson for not having a personality (humble) and being preachy (claiming to love god and shit).

Do MMA fans switch religious ideology on a whim?

I like Benson and hate Jones, if that makes you feel any better.

Back