Why is Barao still fighting at 135?

SalvadorAllende

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Talk about a mismanaged career.

Barao had a pretty amazing run until he fought TJ. Then he beat Mitch Magnon in a fight that was too close. Then TJ happened again.

Cool. Speed kills and he cant hang with the little guys in that regard. Also his cardio suffers a lot.

The guy goes to 145 and fights a pretty dangerous Jeremy Stephens. He lost a contested 29-28 decision in fight where he looked pretty good.
Goes then and fight Philipe Nover.. who is not a world beater but he got a clear win.

What he does after? Goes back to 135 to fight and loses 3 in a row. Last one missing weight by almost 6 pounds.

His managment or the UFC should force him to fight at FW or go back to the regional circuit.

Ufc Dosent care about him.
And I don’t either.
Let him make his money and leave him alone

He's done.

In all weight classes.

usa_today_11026980.0.jpg

Why is Barao still fighting ?
Feed him to The GOAT Dominick Cruz when he returns so Dom can get an easy KO.

I agree with TS that Barao would be better at FW than he is a BW. At this point, it may not matter anymore.

LOL.. Barao getting destroyed ITT worst than in his UFC career.

I think he is done at the top level.. but come on! He looks better at 145.

He is losing to journeymen in BW.

Hasn’t he had a 40 fights in his pro career? He was in the P4P talks for a short period of time years ago, I think it’s safe to say he’s passed his prime. Electing to go back to the regional circuit and getting his pay cut in half would be career mismanagement at this point. I can’t imagine Barao improving as much as TS thinks he can this late in game.

The problem with Barao is his skills seem to have diminished drastically. Top of my head I don't recall another UFC champ who had a decline so sudden as this guy. Perhaps he might do better at FW but I am not sure how much success he would have up there with the current level of competition. He'd also be at a significant size disadvantage against most ranked FWs.

Don’t be surprised if he leaves for bellator and “Magically” regains his old form.
USADA bless

"Why is Barao still fighting" that should be your question

I think it's a lose/lose situation for him at this point. He's gonna get smoked in either class once and if he starts flirting with top 15-20 competition.

where else would a manlet of his stature fight?

Talk about a mismanaged career.

Barao had a pretty amazing run until he fought TJ. Then he beat Mitch Magnon in a fight that was too close. Then TJ happened again.

Cool. Speed kills and he cant hang with the little guys in that regard. Also his cardio suffers a lot.

The guy goes to 145 and fights a pretty dangerous Jeremy Stephens. He lost a contested 29-28 decision in fight where he looked pretty good.
Goes then and fight Philipe Nover.. who is not a world beater but he got a clear win.

What he does after? Goes back to 135 to fight and loses 3 in a row. Last one missing weight by almost 6 pounds.

His managment or the UFC should force him to fight at FW or go back to the regional circuit.

The state of California won't license him at 135 lbs since he passed out & smacked his
head on the tub from a bad weight cut.

yeah, he's better off at 145 but he's done either way. I think he just wants the mental advantage of being bigger. He seems pretty broken mentally when he's in the cage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back