Why is Barao making excuses he fought almost 4 months ago!!!

All I've heard is pure humbleness from Barao.

This must be one of those "He's my favorite fighter, but here's why he sucks now..."

If he's your second favorite fighter after Fedor, why isn't he in your signature after Fedor?

All I've heard is pure humbleness from Barao.

This must be one of those "He's my favorite fighter, but here's why he sucks now..."

If he's your second favorite fighter after Fedor, why isn't he in your signature after Fedor?

Haven't updated in years?

Thread title: Why is Barao making excuses

Your post: He's camp is making it seem like the UFC screwed him over.

Your next post: Well his camp is saying it

Then finally you list Barao's excuse: Saying he was fighting in auto pilot

Pretty sure there is no excusre for your shit thread.

Just pick random bits and pieces why don't you?

What excuse has Barao made for losing?

None! People blow shit out of poportion I've heard him give props and that's about it he's asked thousands of questions and people expect him to have a perfect answer all the time

In all fairness to him, brazilian jokes aside, when you are a heavy favorite and you lose people ask you constantly "what went wrong" and eventually you want to start trying to give more interesting answers then simply "he kicked my ass" or "he was better" especially since you, yourself, are trying to figure out what went wrong.

So you name a few things that might've effected the fight and suddenly your making excuses.

I only really get on the case of excuses makers when they are not constantly assaulted with "what went wrong" questions, when they simply volunteer information no one needed to know such as "I fought with a cracked skull"
This is the most on point answer in this whole thread !

you guys don`t let it go huh ? Why dig so hard to find a Brazilian excuse.... Gonna start selling Brazilian excuse in murrica I will be rich in a blink of eye.

One Brazilian excuse = $2.5 today.,,,

Ok can someone post a gif of his celebration dance? There is a video on YouTube but I'm
not sure if that's allowed or not.

It's called Renan Barao Dance

All he said was that he would of liked more time off between fights he probably had a 3 month camp or so straight after his last fight which would of been 3 month camp.

This

and he is not making excuse

He had 2 less weeks than Dillashaw since their last fights. Barao went close to 4 minutes in that fight with Faber and Dillashaw went 15 minutes to a decision. Dillashaw didn't look 2 weeks better in that fight, he looked 6 months better. Barao is making excuses.
They train for months preparing for a fight, if the fight is 4 minutes or 15 minutes is not going to make that much of a difference.

An extra 2 weeks of camp wouldn't have been enough for Barao going by the reports, but it seemed enough for Dillashaw who was coming off a 3 round battle.
Maybe Alpha Male keep a higher fitness level year round so their fight turnaround can be quicker, who knows.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Dillashaw fan, I was expecting Barao to win easily, but he got dominated and he has to blame something.
Maybe Barao is making excuses because he hasn't had to deal with defeat since 2005.

Last edited:
Well his camp is saying it so where do you think they are getting it from?

... from themselves? Do you think that they only speak what Renan Barao tells them to? You're full of shit, man.

He's Brazilian, it's only a matter of time before he came up with an excuse.

Well his camp is saying it so where do you think they are getting it from?

That inference is not correct. Anyone can say whatever they want. You can't pin on him things he didn't say because someone close to him said it.

Well, they can't all be as tough as Donald Cerrone and Robbie Lawler. Some folks need a long break between a fight and training camp.

Is normal.

Not only his manager made excuses, a lot if the Brazilian fans in this forums are too, pretty sad.

i'm not sure if its barao or his management/trainers that are being vocal.

here's what i think,

1) barao's trainer is telling tj to come to brazil and fight, it wouldn't of made a difference if this fight was fought in brazil, based on how good tj fought the outcome would've been the same so to his point he has nothing, brazil, canada, japan, ect...it doesn't matter where this fight would've taken place, barao would've been even more embarrassed had this fight been in brazil...his management should be careful what they wish for.

2) if renan wasn't feeling ready to fight then why did you sign the contract. you can't be forced to sign. you can be persuaded or bribed, possibly threatened but i doubt the ufc would do that conisering how many fights he's already had so far...it wasn't like he was inactive and avoiding fights where the ufc would have to threaten or try and force him to fight....so if barao feels he wasn't ready then its his fault because he agreed to the fight, don't sign it if your not ready. point being its his fault, don't cry about it now.

3) its tough accepting your first loss, especially if you get beat dominantly or finished, but there's no point making excuses...gsp is the only champion i know who never made excuses to his losses, would admit he was beat or even critiqued his own performance when he won...i think barao can make any excuse he wants but he was just beat by a fighter who was the better figther that night. In a rematch maybe barao wins, who knows.

4) If anything barao should've been overly prepared considering how often he fought, his style didn't change, and being active that much would just make him better in terms of being sharp with his skill set. by not taking much time off he wouldn't be rusty in the cage.

so since his style wouldn't of changed even if barao had 2 years to train, the outcome would not have been different.

Barao also agreed to and fought guys who most would say are better than tj or would beat tj, many didn't even know who tj was up until this fight and now that he destroyed barao and is the new champ his name is being that more recognized.

so i don't believe because barao fought frequently that it would cause him to lose the way he did, he had plenty of time to come up with a game plan, if his body wasn't ready then don't sign the dotted line for the fight....i think he just can't accept the fact he lost because of how badly he lost, barao has to accept that tj was the better figther and won instead of using excuses because nothing he has said would act against his performance, someone who wanted that title so badly and worked and trained to prepare for this fight ended up winning, its not hard to believe...tj had the same type of mind set as weidman and look how he did against a.silva.

Back