Why is Anderson Silva so great?!

weidman at mw and half the top 10 lhws out there would beat him.

Because he wins most of the time.

1. Extreme self confidence
2. Probably good vision
3. Good reflexes
4. Picking the right thing to do at the right time
5. His opponents being a bit scared

Not sure about the second one
andersonsilva7_crop_650x440.jpg

Styles make fights and Okami stylistically is not a good match for Anderson. Okami's biggest strength is his physical strength and ability to manipulate guys from the clinch. that also happens to be one of Anderson's best areas and since Anderson is much better then Okami overall it really leaves Okami nothing.

you are not going to beat Anderson in his areas of strength. You need guys who match up better nd who can force Anderson to fight in areas where relatively he is not as strong, such as his wrestling.

Jon Jones is better

Jones is a beast, but it's deniable that Silva is better. The reason Jones beat 5 former champs is because the LHW belt was passed around like a slut that you meet at the club for the past couple years til' Jones came along.

Silva's been the MW champ for almost 7 years already & nobody comes close. He has the most title defenses. He has the most prolonged fight before a finish in the 5th round. He overcame adversity and has one of the greatest come backs of all time. He moved up a division and beat a worthy contender at the time, a former champ & the one guy who's had wars with the former champ while all on roids.

Anderson Silva's career in the UFC is unrivaled & Jones may be able to pass it in a couple years. As of right now, Jones has only been a champ for 2 years & still has plenty of viable challengers to go.

No stats or abilities answer this question the right way. He has "it." Tiger Woods had it. Floyd Mayweather has it. Tom Brady has it. It just is....he is the man.

Styles make fights and Okami stylistically is not a good match for Anderson. Okami's biggest strength is his physical strength and ability to manipulate guys from the clinch. that also happens to be one of Anderson's best areas and since Anderson is much better then Okami overall it really leaves Okami nothing.

you are not going to beat Anderson in his areas of strength. You need guys who match up better nd who can force Anderson to fight in areas where relatively he is not as strong, such as his wrestling.

So easy to say beat him with wrestling but Hendo used his wrestling yes he won the round but got outstriked in the second and subbed. Cheal beat Andy with his wrestling but he got caught in a sub
And TKOed in the second.
My point is you cannot beat him at one thing, Anderson is very well rounded and can beat you in alot of places. You need to be a complete fighter to have a good chance against him

Jones is a beast, but it's deniable that Silva is better. The reason Jones beat 5 former champs is because the LHW belt was passed around like a slut that you meet at the club for the past couple years til' Jones came along.

Silva's been the MW champ for almost 7 years already & nobody comes close. He has the most title defenses. He has the most prolonged fight before a finish in the 5th round. He overcame adversity and has one of the greatest come backs of all time. He moved up a division and beat a worthy contender at the time, a former champ & the one guy who's had wars with the former champ while all on roids.

Anderson Silva's career in the UFC is unrivaled & Jones may be able to pass it in a couple years. As of right now, Jones has only been a champ for 2 years & still has plenty of viable challengers to go.

I know

Because people think his mma game is as good as his striking

All I know is people love discrediting Anderson's opponents cause of how foolish he makes them look, though a lot of the guys he fights are actually good. I believe if Anderson's fights with his opponents were closer, that's to say if Anderson wasn't as great as he was, the division would be respected more and possibly he'd be respected more. But na, since Anderson makes his opponents look silly, the divison sucks, all the guys he fought are tailor-made for him, the guys he fought at a weight class above his own are not Top 10, etc. Plus KOing somebody with a lucky kick doesn't prove he's a better fighter than Belfort. They should start ruling these quick KOs as no contests since the fighter who won hasn't proved himself to be better...

he's like wayne gretzsky he sees everything that is going to happen ahead of time.

he's like wayne gretzsky he sees everything that is going to happen ahead of time.

This. He seems to always be 1 step ahead of his opponent. He knows what they want to do and how to make them pay. Combine that with superior talent, tons of experience and elite mental and physical toughness.

Anderson Silva's greatness is the result of being an excellent fighter in a mediocre division. Middleweight has always been composed of fighters below average or average with two exceptions: Anderson Silva and Dan Henderson.

It's quite similar to Chuck Liddell's reign over UFC Light Heavyweights, but Silva's a great fighter whereas Liddell was just above average. However, the majority of the good fighters in the division were in Pride at the time and Liddell was primarily fight grapplers who couldn't take him down to produce highlights for his striking. Anderson only requires aggressive opponents to produce his highlights as he's an incredibly intelligent fighter with regards to range and has the reflexes to utilize it.

lol. I edited my post. the only reason I say theyre close in accomplishments is because of how much Jones accomplished in such a short time. anderson is still ahead, now that i think of it

And take in the fact how long an avg LHW remains a champion... and then look how long AS has been a champ :p

Some statistics just don't hold much weight when it comes to comparing

Anderson is in contact with his clones, some of whom reside in the future. He knows what opponents will do before hand.

Back