Why is Alex Chambers +1025 against Paige?

Because PVZ is the new breed and like 20 yrs younger.

Alex chambers is like 38 thats ancient for females.

No. It's far far more likely at this point that the UFC would want to accommodate her wishes to fight lesser fighters for a while than it is that they would allow her to go back to Invicta so her approach is actually quite reasonable.

Not really. Look at the men's MW and HW division. We have 40+ year old men fighting and they are anything but the big show. They are more like the slow show. Unless you just want to see a KO, the HW division only has a few fighters left that are even using a variety of martial arts in their wins/loses.

The UFC Straw Weight women are becoming a force in MMA and as long as PVZ continues to win, let her continue to develop her skills. Having said that, she doesn't deserve main card appearances, bonus pay, or big pay checks unless she is fighting high ranked opponents.

No worries guys, I anticipated these sort of replies which in a sense is understandable as the division is growing with the sport.

But I guess something gets to me with PVZ saying that, yet all awhile they pick fights in her favor (seemingly) and throw her on main cards but give her not as highly ranked opponents in the process only for them to rank her higher every time after which I find just silly though we all know rankings are BS anyways. This is something they are doing though to build her up as now they have also given Rose a chance to build herself back up by facing Hill, though Rose (2-2 record) is ranked #3 just because of the TUF journey. I really wouldn't care but they try super hard to spoon feed us PVZ's journey by putting her on main cards JUST BECAUSE. while everyone else isn't getting the same support.... sex sells??? ("attractive" fighter)??? i just don't get it.
I'm not trying to be that person or gotten to at all, it's just very unfair for some of the other girls.
All the best for PVZ in the future. I can see her really developing well with her team. But UFC could try being a bit more subtle with the hype.
I just wish the rest of the division got the same support.

No question about Paige should be favored but very possible she loses a decision. Unreal odds.....

Are you one of those guys who made these kind of threads but never actually put down money on the underdog despite the "unreal" odds?

If even you wouldn't bet on Chambers, then the odds are spot-on.

Why even have the fight if the odds are so far. Just dosent make sense other than just to have another fight on paiges record. Its almost like the UFC is admitting that this is going to be a blowout and they don't give 2 shits.

Are you one of those guys who made these kind of threads but never actually put down money on the underdog despite the "unreal" odds?

If even you wouldn't bet on Chambers, then the odds are spot-on.

They actually are not spot on if he wouldn't bet. The whole point of high odds is to entice people to take a risk.

They actually are not spot on if he wouldn't bet. The whole point of high odds is to entice people to take a risk.

That means it's very ordinary and expected, not high to the point of "crazy".

And I would agree that's Chambers' chance to win this fight but generally speaking when you have to rely on getting a submission to win that means your chances are pretty poor to start with.

By that logic, Demian Maia should have a pretty poor chance of ever winning a fight. Not that Chambers is anywhere near Maia's level on the ground, but still.

Very tempted to go with Chambers and include the bet in a multi.

Last edited:
That hype machine.

CNRNzCmUEAEjNRi.jpg

Astro GOAT is ready to break some parlays and bust some bookmakers

Last edited:
The fight itself doesn't even make sense.....

They (UFC) are trying to give Paige winnable fights to build her up and help her look good. Unfortunately for them, these things have a habit of blowing up in their faces. Hoping for that to be the case here.

They (UFC) are trying to give Paige winnable fights to build her up and help her look good. Unfortunately for them, these things have a habit of blowing up in their faces. Hoping for that to be the case here.

I honestly don't find any reason to dislike Paige, exciting fighter, pretty quiet and yes she is good looking but I find this very cheap, yes I know this is not the first time but I would not mind see Paige get derailed is not like I'm rooting for her anyways

this

I can't see a way for PVZ to win this TBH

Chambers has better striking and KO power. PVZ has no power and her striking is a wmma-hater's stereotype made real. So PVZ better not stand and trade.

Chamber has slick subs with fast victories over top ranked fighters. PVZ is very subbable and has no sub game herself. So PVZ better not grapple on the ground.

The only path to victory for PVZ is wall and stall. Which happens to be her speciality... but it won't be enough.

My advice: Sell your house and put it all on Chambers. Then you can buy 10 houses!
Or just 2-3 really big houses. Or something.
Remember to thank me afterwards.

Listen to this man. Chambers is right now, at this moment down at ATT in Florida, sucking on PoncyDeLeon's Fountain of Youth or whatever that good stuff is they drink down thar.

She's gonna come hard and take down Goldilocks with a quickness.

Chambers Bless.

No lack of good female training partners for her at ATT.

Who's to the right of TTT (her left)?

The hype behind PVZnis ridiculous. The odds are in her favor, but don't sleep on Chambers.

Last edited:
No lack of good female training partners for her at ATT.

Mark, I once respected your opinion but I'm starting to see you're just a fanboy now.

Training partners don't matter on fight night. Chambers is a natural ATOMWEIGHT who has zero striking (see her last fight against Curran) and zero wrestling to take opponents down.

She's also small and weaker than PVZ and can't win a clinch battle.

Chambers loses this fight EVERYWHERE -- on the feet, in the clinch and wrestling too.

A lucky hail mary submission doesn't make a fighter great. Learn to judge WMMA properly Mark. Learn to evolve sir.

Back