Why is Alabama's football team so good?

Just because a lot of people cheat, doesn't mean that some people don't do it bigger and better than others

k1_202010_20alistair_20overeem_medium.jpg
There are programs such as Arizona State and SMU who've had TWICE as many major violations as Alabama. Why aren't they any better?

A team of roided out 22 year olds is my guess.

There are programs such as Arizona State and SMU who've had TWICE as many major violations as Alabama. Why aren't they any better?

TBF SMU was really, really good when they were cheating, while ASU football program staff is too distracted by hot women on campus to do anything right.

You know you have to do something with those big, fast, strong players, coach Saban knows how to maximize their skills, particularly on defense

so I'm going with coaching

You know you have to do something with those big, fast, strong players, coach Saban knows how to maximize their skills, particularly on defense

so I'm going with coaching
And Colt McCoy quitting. :D

And Colt McCoy quitting. :D

This is not an attempt to troll Alabama fans but 3 of Saban's titles had some very good karma behind them. Getting to face a QB who has never played before and then having him make it close is kind of funny. Notre Dame was utter trash, that game was never close. Was Alabama the best team that year?Absolutely but seriously Notre Dame was gifted the win over Stanford that season (Stanford actually scored three times on one possession! THanks refs). And let's not even talk about the LSU NCG. Alabama should not have been there.

The win over Clemson was by far the best Saban win. The 1993 Sugar bowl against Miami was an absolute classic, as were the wins over Penn State under Bear Bryant.

Back